• 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:09 PM

Hello Everyone, 

Hope everyone is doing great. 

I have received a NC on my last BRC audit for clause 2.5.1 The audit wrote this in the report: The manufacturing diagram does not indicate the reception stage of raw ingredient received frozen at (-18º) .

To be more clear in my process flow diagram, I have step 1 saying  <Raw Material Reception (Frozen -18 ° C). >

The box bolow  says  step 2 <Storage and Inspection of Raw material>.

So I receive a NC because in that box I not write -18°C.

Easy fix I just added the -18°C in box #2. My process controls were already in place. It was just the -18°C that was missing. 

What would you suggest for the root cause and Proposed preventive action plan be for this !! 

Best Regards, 

Love this Forum  :spoton:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:46 PM

I would assume it's because you didn't mention storage temperatures for frozen materials

If you're entire warehouse is a freezer, that could be your explanation as to why it was missed (assuming you did cover your storage PCPs)

Makes sense if you think backwards, if you're receiving frozen materials, you should show that storage conditions are capable of maintaining appropriate temps

You could just change the name to FROZEN storage??

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

StephanieQA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:00 PM

Your part write it did mention frozen although the -18°C was not writing. 

The entire warehouse is NOT all freezer.

But how can I write up a preventive action plan so that this does not occur again on my flow process diagram.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:51 PM

I would do storage A and B etc.  and then call them ambient, frozen etc

I have my receiving and storage broken out by type---they don't all have the same hazards either so it's cleaner this way

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

johnmcip

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:13 PM

To answer your question, I would just put some fluff in your PA. Something like "We overlooked the requirement to put storage conditions on this step. Physical controls have always been in place to maintain temperature at this step such as [...]". You may reference a form or policy that mentions this step or area as proof.

If the NC was truly because you forgot a word on your process step then there's not much you can do in regards to preventing it. To be extra cautious I suppose you could send your HACCP team through another HACCP training program?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users