• Quick Navigation
Photo

Withdrawal of FSSC 22000 certification do we need to update the manual to V 5.1?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Shazlin88

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:04 AM

If our company has decided to withdraw the FSSC or any certification due to cost, but still maintaining the internal audit and management review, do we need to update the manual according to FSSC 22000 food manufacturing version 5.1? 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 October 2021 - 11:56 AM

only if there is internal value to doing so

I gather none of your customers are demanding GFSI certification?

once they fully withdraw and a new customer demands it, you'll have to start from square one all over again

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:31 PM

Starting back from square one is bad, m'kay. (in Mr. Garrison from The Simpsons voice).

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 507 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:35 PM

Mr. Garrison is from South Park, m-kayyy?   Kay,

I also would wonder why ditch the cert.   Everyone on earth is heading the direction of NSF certs.   If you have to start over from scratch later, it will suck.

However, if you drop the cert, I don't think you have to do anything having to do with it, unless you want to....

liberator

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 43 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci-Fi - Movies/TV
    Model Kit Building
    Gardening
    Home Renovations
    Riding my Motorcycle

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:31 PM

I also wonder why your company would drop the certification? I get the issue with cost, but longer term the cost to the business may far outweigh the cost of the certification. With more and more customers demanding/requiring a GFSI aligned certification there is the potential for you to lose customers over this.

Have your customers been approached about your company wanting to drop the certification? My company certainly does not consider any company who is not GFSI certified. If were were advised that the certification was being dropped or we found this out when requesting updated certification docs, we'd be finding a new supplier pronto. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

ESuttmiller

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 31 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:38 PM

What liberator said!

I know we dropped a certification (Gluten Free) a while back since none of our customers were asking for it and the testing costs were prohibitive (all products are still GF, we just don't test for it specifically anymore). But I'd have the CEO/Owner in my office fast, quick and in a hurry if I suggested dropping our GFSI cert (SQF). 

Shazlin88

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 20 October 2021 - 05:25 AM

Hi all, 

Thanks for providing feedback.
We asked the customer in question before we dropped the certificate. They said: As long as we still maintain the system, it's okay. Only the private certification we dropped, we still maintain the statutory certification related to food.

Covid-19 pandemic really give affecting our company. A large number of raw materials become expensive. We have no choice.

nkonstas

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:13 AM

Dear Shazlin88,

Can You assure every interested party (costumers) that the keeping of the FSMS is effective and verified? Unfortunately, only an external inspection (certification body) can assure that you maintaain your FSMS. And if the company can afford the cost of an emploee to keep the system updated and in conformance with these requirments, i dont believe that cannot afford the cost of an annual audit and certification.

BR

nkonstas

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:13 AM

What is the scope of your company?

Zargham Abbas

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:Food Safety, Food Microbiology, Certifications, Quality Management, HACCP, Pest Management, Allergens Handling and Management, Meat Processing, Bakery and Confectionary.

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

Even if the Top Management has decided to withdraw certification from pvt certification body, In My openion you should update your system and documents as per requirment of new version of FSSC 22K V5.1, as this will not only continually improve your food safety system but will also helpful to meet customer requirments and in customer audits. 

Regards,

Zargham Abbas

Food Microbiologist

(zarghama1@gmail.com, +923008048283)

Halal, ISO & Food Safety Consultant

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users