Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2022 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone know what (if any) the expectations are from IFS auditors for sites that have high and low risk production zones. With BRC it is quite specific in terms of how the areas should be segregated (product, process, people, etc.) and what the requirements are for each area.

IFS doesn't seem to mention production zones carrying a certain risk which puts the onus on the business to identify and assess what the risks are. Therefore in theory, IFS certified businesses can get away with practices that BRC categorically does not allow - e.g. time segregation of cooked and raw foods.

If anyone can give me their thoughts and notes from experience on the expectation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Danny

detario

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:05 PM

We recently completed an NSF audit, which seems to be similar.  Mainly, they didn't want different products running in the same area simultaneously, but if it was documented that sanitation/cleaning was happening in between that seemed fine.  Obviously, you want to go from non-allergenic to allergenic in terms of runs, and we also had a production order in relation to organic products.  You definitely have to show the risk levels, and have a preventative control if necessary.  I hope this helps in some way.  Really is on the business to have a robust and up-to-date Food Safety Plan.  I hope this has been helpful in some way.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users