Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 March 2022 - 12:43 AM

We had our annual SQF 3rd party audit last week and this year we have a challenging non-conformance so I am looking for some advice.

We gave been struggling with the layout of one of our processing areas for quite some time but we have always been able to be in conformance with SQF regulations regarding raw and ready to eat areas.

This year we were found not to be in conformance and we cannot rebuild our building so I am looking for suggestions to show that the processes are segregated.
I know we have ran into this issue in the past with the layout of the kitchen area and I don't remember what was done to address it as I was not part of the QA department then

Any suggestions and ideas you all have would be greatly appreciated.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 March 2022 - 12:37 PM

hi Greyeagle,

Can you clarify/expand what steps were not separated ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

ChristinaK

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 203 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 09 March 2022 - 01:15 PM

Can you specify what raw and RTE items are the issue, or the SQF food sector category you fall under?

To see how the auditor commented on the particular SQF clause you received a NC for, you could look over your sites audit reports from previous years. It should give you an idea of how they judged it and some insight as to how to address the NC you received this year.

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users