Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:54 PM

Hi All, help needed. I am preparing for waitrose technical audit and one of the requirements is to have all personnel involved in foreign body control/audits trained in assessing risk and demonstrate competence. Would anyone have any training slides/materials related to assessing risk that could share with me. It would be much appreciated. Thank you

RyH

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2022 - 12:20 PM

Hi AgaN,

I'm pretty sure food safety for manufacturing Level 2 covers this.
What are your current foreign body controls if you don't mind me asking? (Metal detection, Xray etc...)

Operational training of detection equipment should include the awareness of hazards/risk, the fact they've had this training demonstrates competence.

Kind regards,

Ry

Edited by RyH, 19 April 2022 - 12:23 PM.

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 102 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:28 PM

Training alone does not demonstrate competence. You need to evaluate the employee performing what they have been trained on to prove they are competent. You do this by taking the instructions given to the employee who is performing the foreign body testing and have them do the function, any deviation from instructions shows employee is not competent. Mentor and repeat until it is done to the written instructions. Areas of concern for foreign detection are what you identfy as a risk, frequency of checks, sensitvity levels (why you chose each level), placement of wands, spheres or cards (MD & X-ray) as well what do if there is a deviation. 

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users