• Quick Navigation
Photo

SQF Edition 9 - Medical Screening

Share this

Best Answer , 19 May 2022 - 01:00 PM

If you have a visitor/contractor sign off sheet or do a training with them when they come on site, make sure to include that they are not allowed in the facility if they have an illness, etc.  We also include visibly checking that employees do not appear to be ill as part of a morning check, which seemed to help with our SQF audit as well.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

lwilson2022

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:06 PM

I am new to SQF and need assistance with the Medical Screening addition.

Do I need to put in place an actual screening questionnaire for employees, visitors, and contractors?

We already have a personnel hygiene policy so do I need to be sure that there is added verbiage about infectious diseases, and return to work.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:27 PM

You do not need a questionnaire, just adjust your policy and training so employees are aware that if they have contracted something communicable via food, they must notify the company and then the company can make a decision from there

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 19 May 2022 - 01:00 PM   Best Answer

If you have a visitor/contractor sign off sheet or do a training with them when they come on site, make sure to include that they are not allowed in the facility if they have an illness, etc.  We also include visibly checking that employees do not appear to be ill as part of a morning check, which seemed to help with our SQF audit as well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users