• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRCGS-Packaging Materials Issue 6 - Communicating changes

Share this

Best Answer , 01 July 2022 - 03:46 AM

Hi MaryTee,

I think pHruit has covered this (it is 6.1.3), I’d recommend the guidance as well. I would add that this clause should be implemented in conjunction with 3.2 Document control.

Kind regards,

Tony

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MaryTee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 30 June 2022 - 01:08 PM

The site shall define and document how new or changed procedures, working methods and practices related to product safety or quality are communicated.

May you kindly assist with a written document of this new requirement.  We are a food labelling company and do not have direct contact with food in our packaging.  We do not do any laboratory testing, is this applicable for basic hygiene even though they have joined the 2 catergories? Furthermore, where can I buy the standard. 

please note I will have plenty questions about issue 6

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 30 June 2022 - 02:14 PM

You can obtain the standard for free from the BRCGS Bookshop website here: https://www.brcgs.co...-issue-6/p-723/

If you're new to the standard then I'd highly recommend purchasing a copy of the interpretation guide to go with it: https://www.brcgs.co...ideline-/p-745/

The requirement you've mentioned (clause 6.1.3?) will apply irrespective of your food safety risk status - it's about ensuring that when you change what you're doing, you have an effective way to ensure that the relevant parties know that the change has been made, and what that change is.
For example, if you modify your process you may need to update the corresponding procedures / work instructions, so you'd need to have a process to ensure that this is trained out to the relevant people - supervisors / managers, and those on the factory floor who need to know about the change.

Thanked by 2 Members:

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:02 AM

Translation to a casual language:

When you make or modify a reference/procedure/work-instruction, which belongs to any production, quality management, R&D, sale, administration departments (accounting dept. may be excluded according to the Standard wording), the all people in such departments must know about the updates.

Some ways to do this:

- replace the old with new document in department's bookshelf.

- handover documents & record,

- give training

- hang notices on a whiteboard

etc.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 July 2022 - 03:46 AM   Best Answer

Hi MaryTee,

I think pHruit has covered this (it is 6.1.3), I’d recommend the guidance as well. I would add that this clause should be implemented in conjunction with 3.2 Document control.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

MaryTee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:25 AM

You can obtain the standard for free from the BRCGS Bookshop website here: https://www.brcgs.co...-issue-6/p-723/

If you're new to the standard then I'd highly recommend purchasing a copy of the interpretation guide to go with it: https://www.brcgs.co...ideline-/p-745/

The requirement you've mentioned (clause 6.1.3?) will apply irrespective of your food safety risk status - it's about ensuring that when you change what you're doing, you have an effective way to ensure that the relevant parties know that the change has been made, and what that change is.
For example, if you modify your process you may need to update the corresponding procedures / work instructions, so you'd need to have a process to ensure that this is trained out to the relevant people - supervisors / managers, and those on the factory floor who need to know about the change.

Hi

Thanks  again for the links I have obtained the standard and I will get the interpretation guide after approval from management. We were last audited for certification in 2015 so have plenty of catching up to do. 

yannah11

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2023 - 11:21 AM

thru email (announcements), posting document revision with read and understand forms. These were just examples. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users