• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:31 AM

Hi,

Can we present to auditor our manuals in digital form during the F2F audits?

Regards,

Mandark

Edited by Mandark, 12 August 2022 - 02:32 AM.

JensV

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Belgium
    Belgium

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:28 AM

Hi Mandark,

I guess you mean personnel instructions for cleaning and desinfection, instructions for certain operations during process steps, manuals and instructions of machinery, ...

Yes, you can present them in digital form to the auditor during the F2F audits.

But make sure the relevant personnel can demonstrate their knowledge of the instructions + instructions should be easy available to them at any given time (so perhaps also worst case - for example when the internal computer network crashes).

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 12 August 2022 - 03:25 PM

As a curtesy I would suggest informing auditor/cb beforehand.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 August 2022 - 03:28 PM

Historically, I've always kept a up-to-date binder of my company's SOP's as a bible of sorts that all staff is able to access.  The idea is that all staff, from equipment operators to sanitation crews and managers, can walk into the office and look up a procedure on demand.  That binder is considered the most relevant version of current programs. 

When the auditors come in, I place that binder on the table and permit them unfettered access to anything they want to see, but I also setup a projector or connect a laptop to a TV in order to pull up the electronic file for each SOP as they request.  This lets us all view and read a document in question as the audit is happening.  Works well for me, some auditors prefer to review all documents on the screen, others want to dig through the book and be left alone.  Sometimes they'll try and see that my electronic version matches the paper version in the binder to trip us up on document control, it's a fun game to play.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mandark

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 13 August 2022 - 03:42 AM

Hi Mandark,

I guess you mean personnel instructions for cleaning and desinfection, instructions for certain operations during process steps, manuals and instructions of machinery, ...

Yes, you can present them in digital form to the auditor during the F2F audits.

But make sure the relevant personnel can demonstrate their knowledge of the instructions + instructions should be easy available to them at any given time (so perhaps also worst case - for example when the internal computer network crashes).

Hi JensV, the manuals I am referring to include the FSQMS, HACCP, TACCP, VACCP Plans, and departmental work instructions. These manuals are usually restricted and only authorized personnel can access, print or download from company's site platform (we are using Microsoft Sharepoint or One Drive).  

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 August 2022 - 01:37 PM

I've done this for years. It's one way to ensure that what you are presenting is the most current version without the extra time/energy of maintaining hard copies. 

I've never had push back from an auditor and believe they are seeing this more and more, especially since the hybrid and virtual audits have been offered.

Just finished our GFSI/BRC for Packaging audit yesterday, never touched the "box" of documents we had "just in case."

Hi,

Can we present to auditor our manuals in digital form during the F2F audits?

Regards,

Mandark

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users