• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:40 PM

Hi

I am new to getting certified under BRC Food Safety Issue 9 and am having some difficulty in producing a suitable Senior Management Review Record.  I have the template for FS 1.1.4 but am struggling to complete it in a way that seems suitable.  Does it need graphs, pie charts etc. It just seems a little overwhelming

I am also a little confused about interpreting the difference between:

"Review of the Food Safety and Quality Policy"; and 

"Review of the Food Safety and Quality Objectives"

I would be extemely grateful for any assistance with perhaps viewing an old completed review form. 

I appreciate that there may be sensitive information so am happy to sign an NDA before receiving such forms.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:26 AM

Hi Russell,

BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 9 guidance may help here:

The site’s policy must clearly state the overall aims to meet customer requirements, including the provision of safe, authentic products of the quality desired by the customer. The policy will also highlight the site’s intention to improve product safety and quality culture on a continuous basis

Senior management must set objectives concerning food safety, authenticity, legality and quality that help to achieve the stated policy

There are many examples of objectives that could be included. For example:

• reductions in customer complaints, non-conforming products and/or customer rejections or returns

• reductions in audit failures or audit non-conformities – include both internal and external audits, but ensure that all audits are still completed to a thorough, rigorous quality

• improved product safety training

• improvements to the management of product authenticity

• increases to product testing.

Your review may decide that there isn’t a need to change the policy but objectives may need to be revised to reflect progressive improvement.

The information for management review includes:

• Minutes of the previous management reviews and actions agreed (if applicable)
  • Summary of performance against key performance indicators (so that you can review of the overall performance and key trends)
  • Copies of company policies and objective for review
  • Performance against objectives
  • Summary of results of internal, second-party and/or third-party audits and subsequent actions including a review of non-conformities, corrective actions, root causes and preventive actions
  • Progress against the product safety and quality culture plan
  • Food safety incidents
  • Information available to confirm effectiveness of the systems for HACCP, food defence and authenticity, which may be verification activities such as internal audits and product compliance from testing/analysis
  • Summary of complaints and trend analysis
  • Summary of out-of-specification results
  • Summary of non-conforming products including corrective actions, root causes and preventive actions
  • Changes to process, products or resources
  • Any emerging issues such new product authenticity concerns or changes to legislation
  • Summary of progress against training plans
  • Any proposals for improvement

Kind regards,

Tony

Harminnie

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 27 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 October 2022 - 03:49 PM

These have worked for us. Good Luck! Please note that they have not been compared and updated for any V9 changes that may be applicable. The Objectives change as needed as a result of audits, the annual management review, etc. Good Luck.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users