• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 September 2022 - 11:54 PM

Hi there

We did send out questionnaires and the like to vendors and I have some of them back. Kind of at a loss for a good format to maintain the approval status for each supplier. I like Excel but what information should I keep in the file for each supplier? I have supplier name, types of material supplied, evaluation date and approval status for my columns. Does anyone have any other suggestions of information I should maintain in the file? Does someone have something they can share so get an idea of how this is maintained?

This is for FSC 27, module 13, food packaging.

Thank you very much in advance!!! 

paulwill10124

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2022 - 07:06 AM

Generally speaking, supplier approval requires a Supplier Assessment Questionnaire focusing on their food safety system, HACCP, traceability etc.  If they have a GFSI accreditation of some sort (e.g. BRC), make sure you have a copy of their current certificate on file.  Depending on the nature of your business, you might also need to have a copy of their TACCP/VACCP.

If your suppliers don't have any form of GFSI accreditation, then you may need to undertake supplier audit visits (this would need to be done by an experienced auditor) including a traceability challenge.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:56 PM

I also keep the expiration date of GFSI certifications, allergen declarations, non acceptable chemical declarations etc

I have a column to enter the dates I emailed my info request on, and add the follow up emails (when required) as that (in my mind) is part of approving a supplier

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

LWorden

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:58 PM

Thank you Scampi and Paul for the replies!

hello.fizz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:17 AM

You could also add if they have provided a specification, and the date of the specification. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users