• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 October 2022 - 10:43 AM

Hello Food Safety Team Family

Trust you are all well and continuing to keep safe.

Need a little assistance regarding Internal Audit 

Just been given a major finding regarding IA ,I have programmed the internal audit against the clauses of the standard and referring the processes as per the clauses.

Please can somebody share their entire internal program so that I can compare against my program.  I can then contest this finding with the auditor.

Thanking you kindly for your assistance 

Warm regards

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 October 2022 - 10:55 AM

A little more information would be helpful. What standard are you being audited against? Who is doing your internal audits?

-Setanta         

Kelpack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:00 AM

Hi 

Internal audits are conducted by a trained multi disciplinary team 

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:01 AM

And your audit standard? How does the Major read?

-Setanta         

Kelpack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:24 AM

Hi ISO 22000:2018, ISO TS 22002 and Additional requirements 5.1 - 

Major finding read as follows: As per the programmed clauses of the standards and no processes are audited and hence the importance of the processes is not considered as required in the standard.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:29 AM

Greetings Kelpack,

Can you mention the major non-conformity you got for the Internal Audit? This will propably help providing a more helpful answer than comparing audit programs which differ from one another due to the standard they refer to, what other auditors prefer to see, type of business, personal touch even(!) and many other factors.

Regards!

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:29 AM

Does your group audit the process and what documentation do you have to show this?

-Setanta         

Kelpack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:37 AM

Against each clause is a corresponding SOP and that is how the process gets audited.

Please can you share your audit program I will check if I am on the right track 

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:41 AM

So, you should have evidence that you are performing the audits. Do you have corrective actions that needed to be taken based on the IA group's findings? I am audited under SQF, I don't know if my program and evidence would be helpful to you.

Edited by Setanta, 11 October 2022 - 11:42 AM.

-Setanta         

Kelpack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 October 2022 - 11:55 AM

I do have a CAPA log for all findings noted.  Maybe my program seems to be to busy with the clauses from the standard.  I am thinking of changing my program to audit all SOP's, however on another previous audit,  finding for not auditing Additional requirement's :( 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 October 2022 - 01:30 PM

So were are all clear, we think you did the following

A) reviewed SOPs that tie directly to internal audit clauses

B) signed off the annual review on the SOP

C) did NOT complete a separate document

D) did NOT provide proof of internal auditor training

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 October 2022 - 04:17 PM

Hello Food Safety Team Family

Trust you are all well and continuing to keep safe.

Need a little assistance regarding Internal Audit 

Just been given a major finding regarding IA ,I have programmed the internal audit against the clauses of the standard and referring the processes as per the clauses.

Please can somebody share their entire internal program so that I can compare against my program.  I can then contest this finding with the auditor.

Thanking you kindly for your assistance 

Warm regards

Hi Kelpack,

Are you aware of the example IA checklists for iso22000, etc available on this forum ?

eg this post -

https://www.ifsqn.co...st/#entry174708

Other posts exist to illustrate the distribution of such lists across the year.

It might help if you could upload a brief example of the way you responded to one of the standard's  clauses  which was apparently not liked by the auditor ?

It is unclear (to  me) what the auditor specifically was referring to by the comment "no processes were audited" ?? Perhaps you did not include an audit of the "additional clauses" segment ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

DKpbc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food

Posted 24 October 2022 - 03:25 PM

We are now going into BRC 9, and will continue with our method we used for BRC 8

Each module, pick random days to pull records and ensure proper compliance, if not in compliance we will take a couple of more days and do retraining based on whatever the non-conformance was found; and we do direct observations of the modules SOPs randomly picked, ensure the procedures are being followed and if not, pick a couple of more SOPs and see if those are being properly followed, documenting what is done correctly and incorrectly and do retraining on any problem found.

We do all of our modules in this fashion and have been complimented by auditors reviewing our work.  A summary of internal audit findings, root cause analysis and corrective actions taken are printed for each module.  Also all records reviewed have a copy kept in the binder, along with detailed policy review of each clause confirming if we are in compliance or if any corrective actions are necessary (rewrite documents, update them or retraining performed).

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 October 2022 - 06:38 PM

We are now going into BRC 9, and will continue with our method we used for BRC 8

Each module, pick random days to pull records and ensure proper compliance, if not in compliance we will take a couple of more days and do retraining based on whatever the non-conformance was found; and we do direct observations of the modules SOPs randomly picked, ensure the procedures are being followed and if not, pick a couple of more SOPs and see if those are being properly followed, documenting what is done correctly and incorrectly and do retraining on any problem found.

We do all of our modules in this fashion and have been complimented by auditors reviewing our work.  A summary of internal audit findings, root cause analysis and corrective actions taken are printed for each module.  Also all records reviewed have a copy kept in the binder, along with detailed policy review of each clause confirming if we are in compliance or if any corrective actions are necessary (rewrite documents, update them or retraining performed).

Hi DKBC,

Thks for input but do note that the OP was related to iso22000.

JFI, how did you justify that the frequency in above method was "risk-based" as required for BRC ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:48 PM

So Kelpack started this thread, but DKpbc replied. Are we getting 2 sets of answers to the questions?

-Setanta         

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users