• Quick Navigation
Photo

Internal audits when you need to comply with different standards?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dominik_t

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2022 - 01:45 PM

Hi all,

How do you deal with internal auditing when you need to comply with different standards? Our site is being audited against SQMS, BRC, Waitrosse, M&S, ISO.. Just to name few. 

Thanks

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:05 PM

I can't imagine that they contradict each other. Go to the strictest standard and you should be covered.

-Setanta         

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 350 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 13 October 2022 - 03:26 PM

Like Setanta said, the strictest standard typically covers all the bases. For the individual requirements of each standard, you should also find that they reference a particular government regulation. Finding the common regulation referenced across multiple standards can be a good way of determining how the standard stacks up against others (i.e. how strict it is), or whether there are any unique requirements to a particular standard.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 October 2022 - 04:35 PM

I've put all of my standards into a a single excel page, and I use that..........then you can populate the IA with the corresponding element/code numbers for each standard

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 601 posts
  • 173 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 October 2022 - 08:39 PM

Your programs should be written in a manner to comply with the different standards you are subjected to.  Your internal auditing should focus on ensuring your programs are being followed, which in turn means you'll be compliant with those external standards.

paulwill10124

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2022 - 11:31 AM

I would go for the highest standard (probably BRC) and ensure compliance with that standard.  That way, you will meet the requirements of all the standards.

If a section on training has more rigourous requirements in standard A than B but B has more rigourous requirements in record keeping than A then you could write your own internal standard (if you're sad QA like me!) so you audit to the highest standard for every requirement. This takes time but it is worth the effort so that you are always auditing against the highest standard for every requirement.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internal audits, brcgs, brc, M&S, waitrosse, Iso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users