• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 20 October 2022 - 11:33 AM

Hi Everyone

I am currently working on getting our company BRCGS-Packaging Materials re-certified as our certification expired. So the  Maintenance Department has been working without any documented evidence. I would like to implement a documented program of maintenance operations for a Label Printing Company. May you kindly assist with templates for a maintenance schedule, building maintenance and a job card. If there other supporting documents I left out may you kindly send me. 

Thanks in Advance Team :spoton:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 October 2022 - 04:54 PM

It sounds like you're building your maintenance documents from scratch, and unfortunately I don't have any templates from the last company where I had to do this.  But I can share some ideas of how I built mine and you can decide how to create docs that fit your company's profile:

1.  Start with building a full list of your equipment that needs to be PM'd.  Once you have that, you can check with the manufacturer's website/specifications as to how often maintenance needs to be performed.  For equipment where you cannot get a manufacturer's schedule, I had the maintenance manager determine how often PM's should be performed.  Then I listed the equipment on a table with the frequency for PM's.  Since it was mostly quarterly or once/twice per year, I finished the table with the months Jan-Dec so maintenance personnel could fill in the dates they performed the PM's.

2.  I built specific forms for PM on each equipment.  It detailed the work to be done during each PM, with maintenance checking off each item before signing off on the form and submitting to QA or the production manager for review.  Auditors could review the schedule in my first doc above, then I could provide the specific PM form to back up and prove the work was done on that recorded date.

3.  Then I created generic work order forms.  These helped to document all of the as needed maintenance activities we performed, allowed maintenance to record their activities and submit for QA or production approval afterward.  These got filed by month.

All records were kept in a maintenance binder for easy browsing during audits.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:44 PM

There is great software available,  search for Computerized Maintenance Management System   

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

MaryTee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 24 October 2022 - 09:03 AM

Hello

Thank you for a detailed run down it makes it easier to follow that way. 

Will take a look at the software as well but I doubt my company will be willing to pay for a software because our maintenance department is not so big.

Thanks again.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2022 - 06:22 PM

There are some decent free CMMS out there too. When you search add the word "free". You might be surprised what comes up! We started using Maintenance Assistant (now called FIIX) about 15 years ago when it was in beta testing. It's about $400 USD per year now and it has considerable capabilities, it's cloud based and very user friendly. They even still have a free version. Search "Free CMMS Software" and you'll get at least 4 or 5 choices. With maintenance software all PM tracking is automatic and you can review history any time or write reports for your audits! Good Luck!

MaryTee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 31 October 2022 - 07:20 AM

Hi Hoosiersmoker

Thank you for the plug, let me take a look now. It seems companies overseas are now using more of soft wares for systems unlike in Africa we still have plenty of hard copies to work with. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users