• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:08 PM

Hello,

Had an SQF audit and got dinged for something I am not really sure on how to correct or its connection to the code she quoted. We are a bakery that makes donuts, brownies, and cookies on a large scale (~1mil units per month). We have a tunnel washer that uses chemicals to clean and heat to sanitize/dry. She asked me about the calibration schedule. I mentioned that we do not have a calibration schedule, but do regularly PMs on it per the owners manual. We also run a temperature logger through once a month to verify it is heating to the correct temperature. The report says this:

11.2.3.1 Minor: The dishwashers do not have current calibrations

Okay. Cool. That makes sense. We don't do calibrations. So I look it up and there there is really no company that does this either. Looking at the code she is referring to states: 

11.2.3.1 The methods and responsibility for calibration and re-calibration of measuring,

testing, and inspection equipment used for monitoring activities outlined in
prerequisite programs, food safety plans, and other process controls, or to
demonstrate compliance with customer specifications, shall be documented and
implemented. Software used for such activities shall be validated as appropriate.

I am just confused on what I need to do. We test the temp monthly and do APC swabs on a regular basis to verify that it is still sanitizing correctly. Am I missing something? Any recommendations is appreciated. 

Thanks.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,691 posts
  • 1148 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:06 PM

While I don't like the way the Auditor wrote it up, it's still justified as you do need a written calibration program/schedule and knowing that there are several manufacturers of these systems our clients go to the MFG of the rquipment and they can provide guidance with some providing templates to put it together snappy snappy.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

wbourg

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2022 - 12:29 AM

Interesting. Ill reach out to them. I never thought of the dishwashers like that before. Thanks! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users