• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2023 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

Anyone in Fresh Produce industry could help me out on the authenticity question please?

From my little reaserch I have found that one GMO (we source and produce only NON-GMO) would be one to look at. 

We have supplier audits, warranty statments not to supply us with GMO etc. - is that enough?

We do not have any specific ingredient requirements do you have, e.g. organic, halal, geographical origin, fair trade apart from Global Gap / Red Tractor and Field to Fork Accreditiations. 

Its quite hard to do an extensive work on authenticity of spinach leaves for example. Apart from GMO, MLR's Exceedence and lack of accreditations there is nothing I can think of that could happen to it. 

Please help!

Swiftee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 70 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2023 - 10:59 AM

Hello KingaZ,

Which specific clause do you need help on? The word Authenticity is used a lot in V9 so a specific clause will help.

KingaZ

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:03 PM

It will be across all of them really. To make it more diffcult. 

I understand the concept of authenticity and its importance but with fresh produce is kind of hard to do more than supplier approval, incominf visual inpsections, checking the PPPL. 

AJL

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 21 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 13 January 2023 - 09:51 PM

You could potentially ask for IP certs (identity preservation). Otherwise GMO statements should be sufficient if the don't have IP certification.
It isn't really a product you can 'replace' with another so substitution isn't likely. But you could consider fraud with country of origin?
You should be covered with the whole lot, by your supplier management program.Hope that was helpful
😊

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users