• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:27 AM

Hi, everyone, 

I'm starting to prepare document and records for the implementation of BRCGS Food Safety Issue 9 at my company. Is there any particular format for the documents and records to be used under this certification scheme? What are the details that must be included in the header/ footer of the doc.? Would anyone here please share some templates/ formats with me? 

Thanks. 

Jason. 

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2023 - 09:15 AM

I don't have any templates available, but you always need the following in the header:

1. Name of the document.

2. Issue date/implementation date.

3. Review date.

4. Version numbering is not mandatory if you keep an archive of dated versions of the document, but it makes things a lot easier for you.

In the footer, I recommend putting the information about who made the latest change and who signed off on it, though a change table at the bottom of the document is probably more useful.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 February 2023 - 01:53 AM

Hi, everyone, 

I'm starting to prepare document and records for the implementation of BRCGS Food Safety Issue 9 at my company. Is there any particular format for the documents and records to be used under this certification scheme? What are the details that must be included in the header/ footer of the doc.? Would anyone here please share some templates/ formats with me? 

Thanks. 

Jason. 

Hi Jason,

IMEX BRC don't care as long as it meets the few, relevant, specified clauses.

It's easy if you are so inclined and have a backup team to produce a ISO9001-compliant masterpiece but if you are a 1-man show I recommend the simplest possible format to minimise the time spent maintaining it.

Personally, I found the topic of "controlled" docs the most head-banging. If you have deep digital resources this is one route. If manual IMO it's easiest to make everything controlled and effect updating by internal email thereby passing the buck. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users