• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

Hi All,

I have conduct a hazard analysis for a company that only trade packaging. They are not manufacturers.

However, I get confuse as BRCGS standard requires to consider within the hazard analysis fraud or malicious contamination (section 2.6). We have got this information in the Risk assessment for packaging materials, would this risk assessment consider as part of the hazard analysis or do I need to consider fraud and malicious contamination in every step?

Also, the requirement includes hazard impacting functionality of the packaging and others from costumers. Could anyone explain me which type of hazards are this?

I am not an expert on hazard analysis for a non-food company, I will appreciate your help.

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 10 March 2023 - 03:46 PM

In the food industry you have a HACCP (hazard analysis for food safety) and VACCP or TACCP (vulnerability or threat analysis for food defense against willful contamination.) I wouldn't treat packaging any different from food and give both food safety and malicious contamination their own analysis and run through all process steps.

For the malicious contamination:

Go with the same contaminants as you would in food physical, chemical, allergen and biological.

What could be introduced where and by whom and what procedures are in place to prevent it?

Always mention preventative measures like doors locked with tags (to lock out outsiders) and cameras.

That is only a small bit, but it should give you a start someone else can add to. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users