• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 03 April 2023 - 11:04 AM

Hi

How accepting raw materials and packaging can be based on risk assessment?

We have 16 prerequisites and no CCP in our HACCP plan. Factors those are needed to be checked for raw materials, is like temperature, cleanliness of van and driver, wooden pallet condition, .... .

I did risk assessment for different groups of raw material and packaging but I can not understand this clause and how I can answer auditor question if he asked for this part risk assessment.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 April 2023 - 09:34 PM

Hi

How accepting raw materials and packaging can be based on risk assessment?

We have 16 prerequisites and no CCP in our HACCP plan. Factors those are needed to be checked for raw materials, is like temperature, cleanliness of van and driver, wooden pallet condition, .... .

I did risk assessment for different groups of raw material and packaging but I can not understand this clause and how I can answer auditor question if he asked for this part risk assessment.

Hi Persian Girl,

It is based on 3.5.1.1 (eg Just as one example from many -

http://www.ifsqn.com...al/#entry100194

The minimal requirements are listed in the clause, the specifics will depend on the process.

A PRP does not necessarily imply a, so-called, Low Risk material. It's a well-established HACCP "Fudge" .

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,236 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 03 May 2023 - 05:03 AM

Hi Persian girl,

As per clause 3.5.1.1 you are required to undertake a documented risk assessment of each raw material or group of raw materials. This shall take into account the potential for:

• allergens (allergen content and potential contamination)

• foreign-body risks

• microbiological contamination

• chemical contamination

• variety or species cross-contamination

• substitution or fraud (see clause 5.4.2)

• any risks associated with raw materials which are subject to legislative control or customer

requirements.

Based on this risk assessment you need to have appropriate supplier approval measures in place and raw material monitoring.

As per clause 3.5.2.1 you need to have a procedure for the acceptance of raw materials on receipt based upon the risk assessment (clause 3.5.1.1). Acceptance of raw materials (including primary packaging) and their release for use shall be based on either one or a combination of:

• product sampling and testing

• visual inspection on receipt

• certificates of analysis (specific to the consignment)

• certificates of conformance.

A list of raw materials (including primary packaging) and the requirements to be met for acceptance needs to be available. The parameters for acceptance and frequency of testing shall be clearly defined, implemented and reviewed.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users