Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:36 PM

Is there anywhere in the BRC that requires temperature and humidity monitoring in enclosed storage areas?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

eodie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:13 PM

I have done BRC and SQF and temperature requirements have always been a give. If you're doing any type of environmental air monitoring, you will need to be monitoring your temperatures. Also, if you're storing finished product or ingredients the temperature standards must be monitored to ensure that you are meeting the specifications for stored ingredients or finished products to ensure their shelf life.

SheenaQA&BRCGS

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:16 PM

I have done BRC and SQF and temperature requirements have always been a give. If you're doing any type of environmental air monitoring, you will need to be monitoring your temperatures. Also, if you're storing finished product or ingredients the temperature standards must be monitored to ensure that you are meeting the specifications for stored ingredients or finished products to ensure their shelf life.

Thank you. But nothing about humidity?

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:49 PM

Depends on the storage requirements of your products.  I work corporately for a fresh fruit and veg manufacturer, and storage areas at all of our plants are temp and humidity monitored.  Previously I worked for a dried vegetable/spice manufacturer, and as goods were all specified for ambient storage, no temp or humidity monitoring was required.  Same for another spice manufacturer I've consulted for.  All companies are SQF certified.

SheenaQA&BRCGS

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:51 PM

Depends on the storage requirements of your products. I work corporately for a fresh fruit and veg manufacturer, and storage areas at all of our plants are temp and humidity monitored. Previously I worked for a dried vegetable/spice manufacturer, and as goods were all specified for ambient storage, no temp or humidity monitoring was required. Same for another spice manufacturer I've consulted for. All companies are SQF certified.

Ok thanks! We produce spice products so that was exactly what I needed to know :)

eodie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:53 PM

Forgive me I forgot to add the humidity part of that when you do monitor your temperature you also monitor humidity also.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users