• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRC Packaging - unannounced audit time

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Unannounced audit date (11 member(s) have cast votes)

When during an auditing window an unannounced audit took place at your company?

1. within a first month (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. in second month (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. in third month (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

4. in fourth month (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

pawel1982

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 23 May 2023 - 08:21 AM

Hi all! 

I am curious about an unannounced audit. It will be my first attempt in my current company.

From your experience when did it take place within a 4-month window? Rather at the begining? In the middle? Or at the end?

Thanks for any replies as I am a bit stressed although I had had already announced one. 

Alexis M

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:10 PM

We are currently waiting for our auditor and are in the same boat as you with it being an unannounced audit. Our window actually closes the first week of June so we are at the very end of our window.  I've never had a BRC auditor not come in the 3rd month. In the past they have come on the 23rd or 24th but always the end of the month.  I just hope we are ready for whatever this John Doe auditor has to throw at us.. 

pawel1982

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:28 PM

We are currently waiting for our auditor and are in the same boat as you with it being an unannounced audit. Our window actually closes the first week of June so we are at the very end of our window.  I've never had a BRC auditor not come in the 3rd month. In the past they have come on the 23rd or 24th but always the end of the month.  I just hope we are ready for whatever this John Doe auditor has to throw at us.. 

Good luck then. Keep my fingers crossed. 

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:49 AM

My company just took an unannounced audit in March while the audit window was from last December to April. We had said the CB that our long holiday fell on late January. We also anticipated that the auditor wouldn't come in December & April due to Christmas and Easter. This led to the higher probability of audit from mid-February to the end of March. We were right.

Another thing we took in consideration is that the audit completion technically lasts a few weeks. It includes preparations and reviews of the CAPAs against found NCs. The auditor might not want these tasks to occupy their holiday.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 June 2023 - 05:49 AM

I would expect the audit in the 3rd month allowing the 28 day period for follow up to allow the close-out of any non-conformances.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2023 - 06:35 PM

I have found it matters more when you submitted your audit request. If you apply early your audit will likely be earlier, if you wait a while it will be later, unannounced or not. That is historically the way ours has fallen. Our last unannounced audit was the second week of the first month of the window...

Bo16

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:10 PM

Our unannounced audit was the very last 2 days until we were out of compliance, and then the auditor laughed and said we just made it or we would have had a major non-conformance.  I promptly told him he would have a major non-conformance, not "US" as BRC did the scheduling!  

And our audit request was done as soon as we finished the previous year.

4 months is too long a window.  They should be able to do better than that.  For small companies its very stressful to the QA department.  Even though others are trained, it would take much longer for the audit to be completed.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users