Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:06 PM

At our hoses there is a release of pressure from the back flow and there are spurts of water that come out periodically.  We need the production to be dry and we have been zip tying a plastic cup to keep the water from squirting up.  This is a temporary repair and we need a permanent solution.  Any suggestions?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,533 posts
  • 1517 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:13 PM

You really shouldn't have any back flow---that is a problem

Back flow preventers 

Lower the pressure on the system

physical shut off on the main line

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 542 posts
  • 103 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 July 2023 - 09:48 PM

At our hoses there is a release of pressure from the back flow and there are spurts of water that come out periodically.  We need the production to be dry and we have been zip tying a plastic cup to keep the water from squirting up.  This is a temporary repair and we need a permanent solution.  Any suggestions?

Some more details on which hoses this is happening to might help.  Is it a terminal line like a cleanup hose, or in-between two pieces of equipment?

Lower pressure is my guess, or surge tanks with a bladder to mediate the rebounding pressure.  I've seen water lines shake and bounce in response to small pockets of air getting super-pressurized and rebounding against each other when a large valve gets opened or closed further down the line.  The fluid of the air pockets is much more compressable than the water, and they will "wobble" back and forth equalizing pressure when the rate of flow changes and they're suddenly trapped.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users