• Quick Navigation
Photo

Holiday Season is Here! What do you want in your stocking?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

veruca

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 December 2023 - 07:51 PM

I like to get gifts for my direct reports around the holidays. Nothing intense and directly related to any of the holidays but more as an appreciation for their hard work over the year. There is only a couple of them and while I know them on a professional level and somewhat their lives, I am not super familiar with them outside of our work environment. And after a couple of years, I'm running out of ideas. So... what are all of you hoping appears in your stocking this year? I'm hoping to get ideas! Food safety/quality or not I'm open to it all. What are some things that you would actually want and not just cliche dust collectors. 

Thanks! 

veruca

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 02 December 2023 - 08:24 PM

Interesting.

Over the years we've branched out into different forms of consulting with a couple of areas that include emerging financial consulting in the area of digital currency, foreign currency, gold and silver - thus the stocking stuffers this year (we anticipate the exchange for foreign currency to occur either this month or by end of January, thus enough time to get it low and for the recipients to still be able to exchange it relatively much higher) are .999 Silver squares and/or rounds, PAMP Gold breakaway gram blocks, transfers of XRP digital certificate or if we can find them the wrapped coins themselves - that is a long shot though, so a transfer certificate may be easier and then a selection of foreign currency such as Zimbabwe Trillion series like the 100 or 50(this is actually a bond and not a currency) VES, Iraqi IQD and Vietnam Dong.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:15 PM

I've paid for food being delivered at work. Gift cards, nice pens, car wash tokens (if all employees drive), scratch off lottery tickets, fun socks, warm socks or nice Chapstick (If you live or work in the cold). Going practical isn't a bad thing. A personal thank you note for their hard work. 

Knowing you are appreciated and valued goes along way. 

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 528 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:09 PM

our folks get a nice Christmas bonus, and the boss gets um a little something too.   Last year was Yetis with a company logo on there, this year it's backpacks.  Two years ago it was hoodies with a company logo.  They seemed to appreciate all of the above and definitely use them.

For my part, I must be getting old, because I genuinely do not want anything this year.   I struggled for an idea for my wife and son to get me something.  Anything I want is out of price range for gift giving.

But if anyone out there is into it, I'd certainly like a pre-war Martin D-18........lol.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:38 PM

We do things company wide but different departments like to do things - especially the smaller departments. I don't expect anything as a boss but I know they'll get me something so I do get them something. Luckily I have a smaller department (9 employees). I also have many long term employees who are mostly women which I believe makes a difference.  

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:19 PM

I get my direct reports gift cards for something/where I know they like

A) it won't be a dust collector

B) it shows you know them somewhat on a personnel level

Although, one dropped sugar altogether this year for health reasons.................so still working through that one

I always like items like good quality hand cream without scent (obvs) essential oil for my desk diffuser, and...............chocolate!  Always yes to chocolate 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2023 - 06:26 PM

I get my direct reports gift cards for something/where I know they like

A) it won't be a dust collector

B) it shows you know them somewhat on a personnel level

Although, one dropped sugar altogether this year for health reasons.................so still working through that one

I always like items like good quality hand cream without scent (obvs) essential oil for my desk diffuser, and...............chocolate!  Always yes to chocolate 

For the employee who dropped sugar. Beef jerky or summer sausage - options for you. 

Personally I think a meat/cheese/cracker tray or gift basket is a great gift. 

PrplomSolved

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:56 PM

Think the nicest gift I've received was an erlenmeyer flask water bottle. Pretty cool, super inconvenient for car travel tho xD! 

Here's the link :) super geeky and cool imo

https://thecalculate...-pitcher-beaker

Austin N.

Principal Laboratory Technician 

AEMTEK Athens

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users