• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2024 - 10:52 AM

Hi,

Just a quick question - I've been asked to source a BRC V9 consultant to help with the preparation with acquiring the accreditation. I've spoken to a couple of people, and their fee has been quite varied. I was wondering what the standard daily fee actually is? I've heard everything from £250 - £600 .. a stark difference!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  :headhurts:

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 148 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2024 - 11:11 AM

Hi :)

We asked our certification body, they offered a gap analysis, consultancy and a pre-audit. 

;) 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 January 2024 - 02:07 PM

There is an extensive listing of display presentations for consultants right on this website. Our company in the mix, however we do not handle BRC.

https://www.ifsqn.co...ty-consultants/

More than the investment "cost" for a consultant is the "fit" - as in will this person or that person work well with me, us, the owners, etc. 250 can be cheap or expensive depening on who is charging and what is being offered, some work (like us) on a project basis so that no matter how short or long a project takes the rate charged remains the same.

There are lots and lots of factors that come into play, like is the person traveling, are their also expenses that need to be added in (like travel, meals, car rental, etc.)

For instance I have a good friend in California that charges $2000USN a day, but will instead charge a flat project fee for known projects such as like we do, development an entire BRC documentation system on-site or off-site and into the project fee all expenses are included.

You really need to see a proposal/invoice that details exactly what is included to determine the fees.

To me, 600 a day here in the Republic of America sounds low, but if I had to make the choice given apples and apples only I'd go middle of the road to the high side.

The issue is it is never apples and apples, always apples and oranges and you have to watch out for the rotten ones and the amatuers that play at being consultants.

So, going back - I'd be talking to each and asking for info on projects that have worked on and making sure first and foremost that regardless of what each charges that the juice is worth the squeeze.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 22 January 2024 - 02:07 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 January 2024 - 05:25 PM

I've only been consulting for a short time and not full time.   

However, in this short time, I have definitely seen the bad side of how some operate.   I have seen some horror stores on the £X / hour or £X / day.   Id make them structure it with some protection for you.   Such as the completion of the entire project will not exceed £X.   Or have it broken out by each section of the code.   ie -Section 1 not to exceed  X£, section 2  not to exceed X£, etc.   Make sure what their scope is fairly detailed.  

I don't know the experience and talent of the your organization.   You could attempt to do it on your own, or purchase a "canned" program like the ones sold on this site and adjust it to fit your needs.   When you feel your program is pretty solid have someone conduct a gap assessment and then help fill the "holes".   I offer this suggestion as I think its the best way to learn.       

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Sonia Andre

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2024 - 06:09 PM

Hi Dee
I’ve seen anything from £300 to £800 per day. But you should be able to find someone competent for £400/£500 pd. I know some good people. Feel free to get in touch. All the best!

Sonia Andre

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2024 - 06:48 PM

(Sorry, I’m new to the platform, I don’t think we can contact each other directly; I’m easy to find on LinkedIn - Ask Sonia Limited). Best 👍

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users