• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 March 2024 - 05:12 PM

Hi all,

The auditor has asked us for a monitoring system of the objectives and how we achieved them , Do you know how to create one? or can you share a template monitoring system of the objectives?

Thanks

EagleEye

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 111 posts
  • 30 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:39 AM

Hello Shookimogh,

Presuming these are related to your quality /food safety objectives, you need to restructure them in a way that helps us in the monitoring of the progress in the actions you have planned to act upon. 

See an early thread below from this forum.

Sample template of How To Achieve the FSMS Objectives - IFSQN

When you have an objective, you would be trying to achieve them. That you can explain in plain words and could add the percentage of achievement also in an adjacent column. Prepare s spread sheet as per your needs including all these.

shookimogh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:53 PM

Hi eagle eye,

yes it's regarding our objective achievement . what she was asking for was a monitoring system. something like a chart which describes percentages. our objectives have been defined measurable but we described it in plain words and the paths to achieve them. didnt monitor them on a monthly basis.  What is this S spread sheet?

Alex V.

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:21 PM

probably a typo and meant "a spreadsheet"

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:53 PM

I do monitoring of food safety objectives (FSO's) for 10 plants that are under a corporate umbrella.  Well, I monitor and trend a lot of things for the executives, but I also generate monthly plant level reports from the same data that each plant sits to review each month.  When it comes to the FSO's, it's a section in the report and I just use a bulleted list to describe what was reviewed each month to satisfy the FSO review.

As an example of one of ours:

• Ensure zero confirmed illnesses in finished product through adherence to HACCP and PRP's.
    • Review of customer complaints from January 1st, 2024 through February 29th, 2024 show no complaints concerning illness related to products.
    • Additionally, the plant has not received any FDA/USDA notices pertaining to illness related to finished product.
    • This FSO has been met to date.

Other FSO's include improving equipment sanitation where we expect no more than a 10% ATP fail rate per quarter (so each month I'll show the ATP was reviewed, specify whether the plant is trending in the right direction, and then at the end of the quarter we'll show the average to discuss whether the FSO was met or not).  Another FSO is to maintain 95% or better on all second and third party audits, so when an audit is reported by the plant, I'll document the audit occurred and show the scores as a running tally under the FSO in the list.

shookimogh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 March 2024 - 05:59 PM

Hi Jfrey123,

Thanks for explaining all the examples . I think my question is in conjunction with this part of your explanation: ( Well, I monitor and trend a lot of things for the executives ) , how do you monitor? how do you trend them ? 

Is there a file template you can possibly share? 

Thank you in advance,

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:26 PM

Collect all your data points in excel and create a pivot chart, then you can manipulate the data from all sorts of views

So e/g your objective is a reduction in consumer complaints

you would need to:

A) track the details for each complaint

B) categorize them in simple terms

C) trend them month/month and year/year

Only then could you PROVE that you have (or not) met your objective

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2024 - 04:22 PM

Hi Jfrey123,

Thanks for explaining all the examples . I think my question is in conjunction with this part of your explanation: ( Well, I monitor and trend a lot of things for the executives ) , how do you monitor? how do you trend them ? 

Is there a file template you can possibly share? 

Thank you in advance,

I can't share templates unfortunately.  When it comes to our ATP, I download the results and graph them amongst the plants, using pivot tables for the graphs and formulas to calculate the percentage of pass/fail.  The "monitoring" aspect is recorded in these monthly reports, showing that once per month I have evaluated the results and reported them to the plant QA and production managers.

Same for the FSO where we want zero confirmed illnesses.  We review the files where we log complaints and other reports that might catch illness, then write up that month's findings in the monthly report published for each plant.  The "template" in this case is the reports we produce monthly, and it clearly shows we've monitored relevant data sources for this information.  Sometimes the auditors ask to look at the spreadsheets where we document the related data, other times the management review showing what we did to monitor the FSO is all they care to see.

Thanked by 1 Member:

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2024 - 04:22 PM

Not sure if this is what you mean.  But when I was a Technical Manager, we'd set objectives for quality and food safety improvement.  Nothing all that high tech but complaints as CPMU, micro, audit results, training etc.  We'd have targets and then publish our results against those targets every time we met on a quarterly basis.

Nowadays I'd do it slightly differently.  I'd probably focus on culture and while some of the metrics may be the same, I'd probably make sure I'd have a few more leading metrics too so we could show progress on behaviours as well as showing outputs.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

shookimogh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 March 2024 - 06:27 PM

Thank you Scampi, Jefri and GMO . you helped alot. I try to start creating spread sheets and pivot tables an will share with you guys for additional comments. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users