Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 March 2024 - 02:06 AM

I feel a lot jobs are closed to me because I don't have a HAACP certification and I'm not an SQF practitioner.  

I have had yearly HAACP training as a function of my job, but they don't give out a document.  Is this a HAACP certification for the sake of an interview ? It's about an hour long talk twice yearly.

How would one go about getting this certification and if I get a certification for one industry does it carry over to other industries; a lot of programs seem industry specific and I basically just know that I want to work in 'food'.

As for SQF programs, do many people just go self paced.  My workplace is not going to go SQF any time soon.  

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 March 2024 - 03:46 PM

no, they are probably asking for a formal accredited training.  You can take the haccp course online or in person.   It is generic so it covers an food manufacturing process.  aib, neha, have inexpensive course that are done on line.

I do believe most of the sqf courses are online at your own pace now.   

You should also look into the PQCI human food couse.

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 104 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:10 PM

I highly recommend the courses through IFSQN.

My whole team here has gone throught his HACCP course. Tony will email you a signed certificate that you can take anywhere.

I would also recommend the SQF packages throught IFSQN. If you want to invest in yourself buy the course, get the certificates and keep the training documents for yourself. 

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

Lynx42

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2024 - 03:52 PM

For SQF you don't HAVE to take a class.  The facility is SQF certified, not the person.  Showing understanding of the code is what is required.  You can download the code for free from SQFI and study it as you like, the tip sheets and guidance documents are also free on SFQI and were very helpful to me as well as searching on this site, which has been a godsend. 

There are tests you can take once you feel you have a full understanding of it (much cheaper than the classes), but none of it is required to be an SQF Practitioner.  It's a cheaper option if your company is not paying for it and you want to add understanding of the SQF code(s) to your resume.

Amy 

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:33 PM

A question - why hasn't your current company paid for your formal HACCP training? Is this something you could ask for? 

The certificates - they do count and carry over to other food industries. 

Totes716

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2024 - 10:05 PM

A question - why hasn't your current company paid for your formal HACCP training? Is this something you could ask for? 

The certificates - they do count and carry over to other food industries. 

My company does do training, but what they do is find one person, generally a high up super, to be 'the trainee'.  We then all sit in a room and get the online training with 'the trainee'.  Afterwards, we get an internal certificate and the trainee gets an actual certificate.  This sounds terrible, but it's not just us that do this.  I was in training with a few other companies at one point and we seemed to be the only ones with a room full of people, but other people were doubling up and such.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users