• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Jordan
    Jordan

Posted 27 April 2024 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone
my company works in repacking of raw materials. We have 3 repacking machines. The first question: When making a flow chart ... all parts of the machine shall be mentioned in this flow chart ?

second question: Are there legislation to separate each repacking machine from to gather, or no problem if put all machen in same space ?

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 186 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 April 2024 - 07:14 PM

When I made flowcharts for my old spice company, we used automatic filling machines for case fill and bag filling (two separate machines).  I listed the machines as a single step in the flowchart, but we did call out potential hazards in the HACCP for physical contamination: case filler used a small screw conveyor and a plunger to start/stop product flow, bag filler had a compartment to preweigh before dropping into the bag.  

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 548 posts
  • 106 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:10 PM

Hello everyone
my company works in repacking of raw materials. We have 3 repacking machines. The first question: When making a flow chart ... all parts of the machine shall be mentioned in this flow chart ?

second question: Are there legislation to separate each repacking machine from to gather, or no problem if put all machen in same space ?

Generally a machine can be a single step -- material goes in and undergoes transformation of some kind and won't be evaluated for acceptability until it comes out. 

The exception would be if it is performing separate actions involving the intermediate stages of material that can be assessed and rejected independently of one another.  This more commonly occurs where several different pieces of equipment are close together.

suhaibalbadawi97

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Jordan
    Jordan

Posted 03 May 2024 - 07:32 AM

thank you all

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic