Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2024 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone have any examples they would be willing to share of their format for their manufacturing process narrative? We are a contract dietary supplement manufacturer and to my process we have every other controlled document for our process except an actual written narrative  :eek_yello:

johnct

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 June 2024 - 06:19 PM

Hello, 

I would start with the process flow chart and describe the processes step by step with each step numbered 1-2-3....You can use SOP format or simple bullet points depending on the Quality scheme you follow. Whatever format your current documents have can be adapted for this. I include the narrative in my HACCP plan in paragraphs per each step, I also have it on a separate document part of process validation.

Depending on your process flow each number can correspond to: 1-raw material acceptance criteria - 2- incoming material and testing - 3- storage - 4- production prep - 5-weigh? - 6- mix? -(you need to add the  processes) - 7-CCPs? (x-ray/metal detection/filter/screen etc...) 8-finished product testing- 9-packaging/labeling - 10-storage

Depending on your steps you can choose how in depth you want the document to be. 

Good luck

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users