• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does anyone have food safety and quality tool box talks?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

cw2299

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 05:39 PM

I work for a warehouse that handles food products - all sealed.   As part of our quality culture I'm trying to roll out monthly tool box talks to stay in front of the team more and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on a  good place to look or lists out there somewhere?   I know every operation is different but I was looking for input as its the first time I've tried something like this and I thought looking at bunch of hot topics or a list I might be able to generate what I felt is best for us.

Thank You
Chris

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 569 posts
  • 217 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 06:01 PM

we have a full team meeting first Monday of every month.   There's a few things stressed every meeting like GMPs, keeping your pockets empty, no glass allowed, etc etc.    But we don't struggle for other subjects, because our hourly guys are a bunch of morons.   So plenty to talk about....lol.

Lynx42

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2024 - 06:09 PM

We are a 3PL that also only stores sealed food.
Our Safety Coordinator wrote ours, but they are for food and non-food warehouses, so cover things like forklift safety, incident reporting, lockout/tag out, stairs and walkways, hand and portable tools, severe weather, fire alarms and responses, utility knives and scissors...  

I am trying to come up with some of my own that will be weekly quick reads that will cover Why, What/How, When, and Where for food safety topics covered in our GMP classes:

Personal hygiene, warehouse hygiene, pest control, foreign materials, allergens, food/gum/drink, bodily fluids, food defense, trailer inspections...  

I was going to do just quick one page blurbs that would change every week and just waiting for our Food Safety Culture team to get a couple meetings in, then assign a topic to each person to come up with (focusing on the W's above) until we have 50-60. 

Trying to share my sample one, but either the site, or my computer won't let me.

Amy

cw2299

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 May 2024 - 05:48 PM

Thank you both for your input, I'll keep this open in case someone else is able to send a link, attachment or direction.   I'm not against doing my own but I was hoping to get some outside input as it might trigger some ideas for myself as well as things maybe I'd never had thought of as good points.   I appreciate the input!!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,582 posts
  • 1534 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 May 2024 - 07:42 PM

there's some great videos

Unfortunately when it comes to food safety, there's not a lot out there--a lot of that will be because each plant is very specific---hard to to lunch time chats about generic info

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users