• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Hi everyone,

First of all I do really appreciated all informative help from this forum. I just started my new career in technical deparment with a company owned by UK. The company is located in US. All of my bosses are English. I am very excited to explore and establish my career with this company since I had been looking for an opportunity to work under English management pattern. I do understand that there is a difference between American and English working styles. would please share with me that if I want to be proactively successful employees under UK management styles--what pattern or criteria I should pursue or follow? Is ther any certain criterias to be considered as a must rule I should be awared of?

Thank you very much in advance.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi everyone,

First of all I do really appreciated all informative help from this forum. I just started my new career in technical deparment with a company owned by UK. The company is located in US. All of my bosses are English. I am very excited to explore and establish my career with this company since I had been looking for an opportunity to work under English management pattern. I do understand that there is a difference between American and English working styles. would please share with me that if I want to be proactively successful employees under UK management styles--what pattern or criteria I should pursue or follow? Is ther any certain criterias to be considered as a must rule I should be awared of?

Thank you very much in advance.

It's really difficult to answer that Jenny as I've never worked for a US company. I suppose there will be a difference and it very much depends on the professionalism of the company, their culture and then the personalities and management styles of individuals. All I can say is work hard, be honest, show integrity, creativity and humility and you will do well in any business anywhere in the world. And if they don’t like that then they’re not worth working for.

I wish you the best of luck Jenny.

Best Wishes,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users