• Quick Navigation
Photo

Ozone disolved in water for washing fresh vegetables?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Raul8

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Greetings

In the company in which i am currently working we are looking for a system to wash and disinfect our products (Jalapeno Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Serrano Peppers, Anaheim Peppers and green tomatoes).

As an option we have evaluated the use of ozone dissolved in water, to wash and disinfect the vegetables.

Has somebody´s company a system of ozone for disinfection of fresh vegetables? Or has someone audited a facility with a system like this?

Can you give me some references? Advantages/Disadvantages?

Thanks in advance for your time
Best regards

P.D. Excuse my grammar and my poor english vocabulary, and i will be really thankful if anyone corrected any of the words or phrases used by me

GlenVP

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Greeting Raul8,

I have a large amount of information I can send you to assist in your information request. What is your Direct email address? We have been working with produce companies designing application and systems for many years.

Glen

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Greeting Raul8,

I have a large amount of information I can send you to assist in your information request. What is your Direct email address? We have been working with produce companies designing application and systems for many years.

Glen

Glen please do not solicit emails. If you have some knowledge and can provide answers to the questions then please post them for the benefit of the original poster and other members.

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

jpalombi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hola Raul8,

I have been working with ozone in several food related applications. The most successful has been maintaining sanitary conditions on produce sorting belts. A wash system for your items should be a very effective way to reduce microbial contamination as well as assist in keeping your equipment clean. I have been happy with the equipment and service I've gotten from Pacific Ozone. They are located in California, and the rep I deal with is Eric Bergin. You can find contact info at www.pacificozone.com. The project that I worked on is under food processing: ozone sanitation in a tomato processing plant.

Regards,

John

Thanked by 1 Member:

jyanez1968

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hello Raul, you may find some useful information on Aqua-zone.biz. Thanks, Jose

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hello Raul, you may find some useful information on Aqua-zone.biz. Thanks, Jose

Seems to rely on wishful thinking -

Aquazone is a natural, "green" ozone system using no chemicals or electrolysis to sanitize your water supply.

Hmmm.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users