Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I am a newcomer in this forum. I would like to know if it's possible doesn't make a general verification plan (7.8) if part of this information is already included at the end of each document (Plan HACCP, PRP and OPRP ) in form of efficacy verification. For example, in case of water quality control, as evidence of verification, would be enough with the report of several microbiological analysis signed by a member of the food safety team? each document specifies who, when, and how the efficacy is measured

Thanks and regards

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

I am a newcomer in this forum. I would like to know if it's possible doesn't make a general verification plan (7.8) if part of this information is already included at the end of each document (Plan HACCP, PRP and OPRP ) in form of efficacy verification. For example, in case of water quality control, as evidence of verification, would be enough with the report of several microbiological analysis signed by a member of the food safety team? each document specifies who, when, and how the efficacy is measured

Thanks and regards

Hi FerranFlo,

:welcome:

If you already verify Procedures, PRPs, OPRPs & HACCP Plans then there is no need to duplicate but I would draw up a summary document/table of your verification activities. This will make it clear to everyone (including your auditor) how you are complying with clause 7.8.

Regards,

Tony

FerranFlo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

thank you so much for your answer

regards

Ferran

khanhgm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hi

I'm a new member, i working in seafood factory, i dontn know 7.8 and 8.2 ISO 22000. Help me, if possible you can send example foe me. Thanks

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hi

I'm a new member, i working in seafood factory, i dontn know 7.8 and 8.2 ISO 22000. Help me, if possible you can send example foe me. Thanks

Hi Kahnhgm,

Clause 7.8 Verification planning
An example would be verification based on testing of end products, you have a sample plan that checks the level of hazard which is being controlled and results confirm the hazard is absent or at an acceptable level.

Clause 8.2 Validation of control measure combinations
This is not the same as verification, quoting from ISO 22004:
Validation is an assessment prior to operation, the role of which is to demonstrate that individual (or a combination of) control measures are capable of achieving the intended level of control.
Verification is an assessment carried out during and after the operation, the role of which is to demonstrate that the intended level of control has actually been achieved.

The validation usually includes such activities as
a) reference to validations carried out by others, to scientific literature, or to historical knowledge,
b) experimental trials to simulate process conditions,
c) biological, chemical and physical hazard data collected during normal operating conditions,
d) statistically designed surveys,
e) mathematical modelling, and
f) use of a guide approved by competent authorities.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

khanhgm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

Thanks Tony

akool18

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

Hi Kahnhgm,

Clause 7.8 Verification planning
An example would be verification based on testing of end products, you have a sample plan that checks the level of hazard which is being controlled and results confirm the hazard is absent or at an acceptable level.

Clause 8.2 Validation of control measure combinations
This is not the same as verification, quoting from ISO 22004:
Validation is an assessment prior to operation, the role of which is to demonstrate that individual (or a combination of) control measures are capable of achieving the intended level of control.
Verification is an assessment carried out during and after the operation, the role of which is to demonstrate that the intended level of control has actually been achieved.

The validation usually includes such activities as
a) reference to validations carried out by others, to scientific literature, or to historical knowledge,
b) experimental trials to simulate process conditions,
c) biological, chemical and physical hazard data collected during normal operating conditions,
d) statistically designed surveys,
e) mathematical modelling, and
f) use of a guide approved by competent authorities.

Regards,

Tony

Dear Tony,

Could you please give me  table of what to do to fulfill Verification plan in ISO 22000?

Thanks and best regards

ati

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

Dear Akool18,

You can refer to this attached file. It is too general example of verification activities.

Hope it will you.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

akool18

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:38 AM

Dear Akool18,

You can refer to this attached file. It is too general example of verification activities.

Hope it will you.

Thank you so much for your help Ati.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users