Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany
  • Interests:music( Gothic; Punk; Metal; Indie);culture of Maya; Canada;<br />Mangas/Animes;student club; ski jumping ...and of course food

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

I´ve worked through the standard and there are some clauses wich I don´t fully understand. I´ve only got the German version of the standard so I´m just writing the number

1. clause 2.4.3
What is meant with "information" in this case?

2. clause 2.10.1.4
What´s that suppose to mean?????

3. clause 3.1.1.1
Can you please give me some exambles for a negative environment?

4. clause 3.2.1.9
What are transfer points?

5. clause 4.4.6
What are product contact liners?

so that´s all
hope I don´t bother you to much

Thank you for your help

Chac

Edited by Chac, 21 August 2007 - 09:44 AM.

"I believe in a madness called now."
(X-Japan--Art of life)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

Dear Chac,

Haven't checked the standard as to yr various x-references yet but regarding 4.4.6, their is already some detailed discussion here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=6876

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

I don't have a copy of the food standard Chac. Can any BRC foodies help Chac with her queries? :helpplease:

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany
  • Interests:music( Gothic; Punk; Metal; Indie);culture of Maya; Canada;<br />Mangas/Animes;student club; ski jumping ...and of course food

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

Simon,

thank you for your support.

@Charles: Thanks for that hint. I´ve read that topic and it really helped.

Clause 2.10.1.4 became clear to me now, too.

But I still need help with the other clauses.(I´ve found the translation now)

1. clause 2.4.3
"The company shall ensure that information relating to the support and monitoring of the quality management system shall be available to relevant personnel at all times."

3. clause 3.1.1.1
"Consideration shall be given to local activities and environment which may have potentially adverse impact, and measures shall be taken to prevent product contamination. Where measures have been put into place to protect the site from any potential contaminants, these shall be regularly reviewed to ensure they continue to be effective."

4. clause 3.2.1.9
"The location of all transfer points shall not compromise high-risk and low-risk segregation and practices are in place to minimise risk of product contamination, e.g. disinfection."

Is there anyone who has got experience with the BRC?
:helpplease:

Thanks,
Chac

(X-Japan--Art of life)

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

Clause 2.10.1.4 became clear to me now, too.

But I still need help with the other clauses.(I´ve found the translation now)

1. clause 2.4.3
"The company shall ensure that information relating to the support and monitoring of the quality management system shall be available to relevant personnel at all times."

I would say that relevant personnel has access to the Quality Manual and it's supporting documents, (Test Schedules, NC Reports , list of contact numbers/ delegates etc)

3. clause 3.1.1.1
"Consideration shall be given to local activities and environment which may have potentially adverse impact, and measures shall be taken to prevent product contamination. Where measures have been put into place to protect the site from any potential contaminants, these shall be regularly reviewed to ensure they continue to be effective."

I think that this is that you don't put a food factory which, as an example, is succeptible to taking on taints, next to a smokery or an industry that could taint the food or ensuring that if you are drawing air in as in a drying process that this air is not contaminated by another close by industry.

4. clause 3.2.1.9
"[size=2]The location of all transfer points shall not compromise high-risk and low-risk segregation and practices are in place to minimise risk of product contamination, e.g. disinfection."

Again, my interpretation is that the flow of the product should be that you move product without compromising that said product ie utelising air locks etc

Hope it help Chac......mind i may be wrong, their the interpretations i've made for our business.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

Thank you Caz. :beer:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hope it help Chac......mind i may be wrong, their the interpretations i've made for our business.

Dear Caz,

yes it really helped, thank you for that. :thumbup:

(X-Japan--Art of life)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

Dear Chac,

Sorry, I forgot to revert.

2.4.3 is undoubtedly stolen from ISO. I think Cazx has given you a standard answer, full sets of Quality manual, Quality Procedures to the “Users” and the descending levels (though not meaning less important) as similarly appropriate. I was once asked regarding the detailed documentation supplied to the lady cleaning the toilets (always seems to be a lady, Caz, even in airports :smile: ). This did cause some head scratching but at least her flawless operational procedure approx. matched the manual and she could state the (documented) Company Policy.

A negative environment for 3.1.1.1 might be processing food next to a municipal rubbish dump. I have seen it happen after braving the resident fly population to do an inspection. Didn’t pass of course.

Have seen 3.2.1.9 applied to frozen cooked food where there must be a transfer point from raw to cooked (ie low to high risk) and a physical barrier is mandatory for separation of the two varieties / production personnel etc (including buckets) . Similar logic can be applied to frozen raw materials / frozen raw finished product although the risk differentiation is a bit more arguable.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Thank you for your reply Charles

(X-Japan--Art of life)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users