• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:29 AM

Dear All,

Any guidelines / formats available for the Business Continuity Management - BS 25999 document preparation and its implementation. I think the business continuity management system will become a very popular standard for the medium and large scale industries in future. What others think in this issue?

www.talkingbusinesscontinuity.com

regards
biss

Biss

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,848 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

Thanks Biss, it is a topic of increasing importance and one worthy of discussion. Has any member developed such a system or have special arrangements with particular customers?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Biss, it is a topic of increasing importance and one worthy of discussion. Has any member developed such a system or have special arrangements with particular customers?

We have a product recall / withdrawal procedure as well as a crisis management plan. Only problem is i keep adding risks to it! (ie Bird Flu, Tornados, everyone going on sick cos we've had a sunny day!)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,848 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

If you are interested in Business Continuity in the Food Industry you may find the report at the link below interesting.

Britain’s food industry supply chains remain susceptible to a range of disruptive events according to a report undertaken by Cranfield University for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

The year long research project, which examined the robustness of the country’s food supply chains, casts a critical eye over contingency planning within the sector. It examines current provision for localized single firm disruptions and for national emergencies - including disruption to energy supplies and fuel shortages.

Emergency planning has been under the spotlight since 9/11, but as New Orleans learned to its cost, serious disruptions to our way of life can come in many guises. As the findings of the year long study show, these do not have to be sudden onset events like a hurricane or terrorist attack.

Author of the report, Dr Helen Peck of Cranfield University, found that whilst the industry continues to make progress towards implementing robust business continuity management (BCM) much remains to be done. “While the UK is good at dealing with sudden onset emergencies such as the 7/7 bombings, we remain less well prepared for the less obvious or well understood phenomenon of ‘creeping crises”, she said.

Sixty-one executives from twenty-eight food and drink organizations, including many of the best known names in the industry, contributed to the study, entitled “Resilience in the food chain: a study of Business Continuity Management (BCM) in the food and drink industry”.

Dr Peck’s report makes a number of recommendations to government including the relaxing of certain regulations which would allow competitors to work together in times of emergency.

Link to Report (Microsoft Word): Resilience in the Food Chain: A Study of Business Continuity Management in the Food and Drink Industry

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Biss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:45 AM