• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:auditing

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:46 AM

Below is a haccp plan recommended by our government inspectors. can somebody commend on this plan . is it a plan or a worksheet.does it acurately identify the hazards ?

Attached Files

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

Below is a haccp plan recommended by our government inspectors. can somebody commend on this plan . is it a plan or a worksheet.does it acurately identify the hazards ?

It does identify the hazards, but it is very very basic.
Needs a bit more meat on the bones.

C x

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

Dear wamamili:

Yes, you may need to add more details e.g.:

- Microbial contamination e.g. salmonella, E. coli etc.

- Contamination from equipment e.g. from cutter, mixer etc.

That's my opinion.

Yong

Edited by YongYM, 15 August 2008 - 11:10 AM.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

and.. dont forget to have any literature that explain to you and auditor .. why you put the micro ex. salmonella in your hazard...

wamamili

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

Am not still comfortable with the plan .can critical limits be immeasurable quantities? i.e 100% compliance with sanitary conditions? secondly, do critical limits apply for just simple control points or specically critical control points? is the design of the plan meant for both control points and critical control points or specifically for ccp. please help.

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

Am not still comfortable with the plan .can critical limits be immeasurable quantities? i.e 100% compliance with sanitary conditions? secondly, do critical limits apply for just simple control points or specically critical control points? is the design of the plan meant for both control points and critical control points or specifically for ccp. please help.

Dear wamamili,

I think the visual inspection is not enough. IMO, you need to verify the sanitation of your process by conducting a swab test from your equipments, utensils, and your staffs. And of course, a micro test for the products, that is one of the effective way to know the hygiene and sanitation condition of your process.

What kind of bacteria that you need to control? I agree with the other, you should describe it much more, because every microorganisms has particular way of living, some of them allowed to exist in certain numbers but some of them is critically has to be absence. If you know your enemies, you should able to know how to defeat them. (what a cliche :whistle: )

And although Im not an expertise, I think the Critical Limit is not fit with the CP, it should only refer to the CCP. And for the CP, the "operational parameter" much more proper as exchange for the Crtitical Limits, I think.... And addition for another "W", which is "what" at the monitoring column is much better I guess. You need to know "what" youre need to control.

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

wamamili

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Arya, I guess you are right , the critical limits should apply for ccp only . PRPS should take care of cps .so is it neccessary to include cps on the haccp plan? as in the sample plan.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

Dear wamamili,

I would suggest that you consider getting some consultancy type advice on the generation of Haccp plans if that is economically possible. Can save a lot of time IMEX.
Alternatively / additionally, a look at some examples of systematic, step-wise, development of HACCP plans as available on the IT can also be quite useful. One good source IMO is the website / model plans shown here -

http://www.inspectio...cp/haccpe.shtml

You will see that CCP-only tables structured similarly to your sample plan are finally obtained but with substantially more detail along the way which is also audited of course. (Apologies if you know all this already :smile: )

If you would like to see some specific HACCP nominated CCP positions for various types of seafood processes, can try this famous website which offers a comprehensive presentation of opinions of the FDA in USA in "FDA Fish and Fisheries Products Hazards & Controls Guide" ("purple book"). One specific table (#3.3) cross-tabulates the prescribed CCPs.

http://seafoodhaccp....anuals_pdf.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:02 AM

Arya, I guess you are right , the critical limits should apply for ccp only . PRPS should take care of cps .so is it neccessary to include cps on the haccp plan? as in the sample plan.

Dear Wamamili,

IMO, you can mention the CPs on the HACCP Plan. But in my place, the CPs is controlled by oPRP, not PRP. And it separated from CCP. The final decision is on yours.

A great advice is coming from Charles C., you can ask help from a consultant to get a clear explanation. Coz IMO, when creating a system, sometimes One teacher is better than Hundreds of them. But so gladly you can share with us here.

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users