• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

I was requested to make sure my contigency plans are reflected in my HACCP plan eg if my current water supply malfunctions i will have to buy DI water from another supplier etc

Any idea how i would tackle this? Should it have its own separate plan if about 50% of the process is different or should it be in the same plan ( on the flowchart , highlight the contigency plan?)

A vu in time , saves nine

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

Personally, i would leave this as a pre-requisite program. HACCP was intended for things that are reasonably likley to occur. If you've had a history of water problems - that could be different. If you have not - I don't think this belongs in HACCP.

If water were interrupted and you used DI water for example, this would be a significant change to your system and would require a reassessment anyway.

Changes such as this could be addressed in an introduction to your plan which reminds that reader that any changes that could impact safety will be addressed by conducting a hazard analysis and determining if any changes are necessary to maintain safety.

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

That sure does sound like a good starting point

Thanks Cathy.. let me work on that and will be back again if i face more hurdles.

A vu in time , saves nine

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users