• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi

I am new to this site & quite new to HACCP & just wondered if anyone could guide me in the right direction.

The company I work for is a co-packing factory & they currently have HACCP in place, but it needs reviewing for the new BRC requirements & I am unsure as how to go about it.

We currently have a file for HACCP stuff in it, covering HACCP principles, Pre-requisites, supplier & product risk-assessment, CCP justification, HACCP verification, HACCP validation, HACCP review, & then we have all the HACCP flow diaqgrams & the scopes.

But what I need to know is; do I use all this work as a basis & add to it & make the necessary changes or do I have to start again from scratch.

I am also unsure as what the extra work (so to speak) that is required by BRC.

We do not handle any raw foods, we handle for example: cereal bars that are already packed in a wrapper but the customer may require them to be packed in boxes of 5 per pack, or we pack different non -food components into a gift pack.

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hi Icdasher,

HACCP is part of the BRC standard, so you can implement this part.
I would get the standard and just start with the first chapter and look what is already organised and what not.
The BRC standard is straight forward regarding what is needed, in case of doubt bring your questions to this forum.

Have a nice weekend, Okido

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users