RachelCD

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:The Australian dairy industry, HACCP, ISO 9001:2000, SQF 2000 Level 3 (hate this with a passion!), WQA (Woolworths standard), risk management, general food safety and quality, a bit of environmental management - I need to get a life!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:24 AM

Hi there,
I stumbled across this site yesterday and think it's fantastic! A brilliant resource for anyone working in food safety / QA. These jobs can be a bit isolating - if you work in manufactuing, often you are the only QA person at your site - it can be hard not to feel like an island sometimes. It's great to have an opportunity to share stories and information with so many like-minded people around the world. It's encouraging to know that we all pretty much have the same issues.
My background is in the dairy industry, where I've worked in micro labs and as a QA manager for 20 years. I've seen alot of changes in that time! I've now taken a big step out into the world to work as a food safety / quality systems trainer and consultant for a small start-up company. Part of the motivation for me to do this was wanting to be able to help others and share some of my experiences with them, particularly to help people with compliance. I've had more audits than most people have had hot dinners!
I'll be catching up with this forum as often as I can.
Regards,
Rachel

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hi Rachel,

I’m glad you found us. Just lately we seem to have be getting more and more visitors from Australia and New Zealand, which is great. We also have quite a few members with dairy experience, so you should have lots of like minded people to share experiences with as well as newbies to food safety who may need your help and advice.

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Hi there,
I stumbled across this site yesterday and think it's fantastic! A brilliant resource for anyone working in food safety / QA. These jobs can be a bit isolating - if you work in manufactuing, often you are the only QA person at your site - it can be hard not to feel like an island sometimes. It's great to have an opportunity to share stories and information with so many like-minded people around the world. It's encouraging to know that we all pretty much have the same issues.
My background is in the dairy industry, where I've worked in micro labs and as a QA manager for 20 years. I've seen alot of changes in that time! I've now taken a big step out into the world to work as a food safety / quality systems trainer and consultant for a small start-up company. Part of the motivation for me to do this was wanting to be able to help others and share some of my experiences with them, particularly to help people with compliance. I've had more audits than most people have had hot dinners!
I'll be catching up with this forum as often as I can.
Regards,
Rachel

Hi Rachel

great to have you here....and someone for me to talk milk to!

what did you do in Australia? i think in the last 20 years i've done just about eveything in milk (powder, butter, ice cream, canning etc). it would be interesting to compare how things are done

cazx

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users