• 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Hi All,

First of all, greetings from holland :bye: ,

I have a question,

I want an hazard analysis of water (water we use in de production facility). I'm looking for different kinds of hazards.

Can anyone name a few.

I thank you :smile:

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

Hi All,

First of all, greetings from holland :bye: ,

I have a question,

I want an hazard analysis of water (water we use in de production facility). I'm looking for different kinds of hazards.

Can anyone name a few.

I thank you :smile:

HAi... Darsen..

For hazard analysis of water, you can use standard for potable water,the standard depend on your country regulation,... and you have to consider about the proces to get your potable water ..
IMEX ..we get raw water from deep well and through the Reverse Osmosis process to get potable water.. so in our hazard analysis of water, we put all process of water treatment, and for the potential hazard that occure in water we get data from our country potable standard..

here the doc from WHO for water standard quality ...I hope can help you

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

Dear AS NUR,

here the doc from WHO for water standard quality

I don't see any attachment ??

For the EC, here is one official list (more of an encyclopaedia really :smile: ) link -

http://www.fsai.ie/l..... 98.83.EC.pdf

Other related EC water links here -

http://www.fsai.ie/l...ation_water.asp

There are similar WHO, USFDA lists elsewhere, somewhere.

Obviously, a request to a lab to check all these parameters is highly expensive. The necessary detail typically depends on the actual source of the water (eg metropolitan supply / artesian), possibly yr process, and what you want to do with the results, eg official approval, BRC etc. In some cases a very complete set may be available from the supplier so that you can set up an additional prioritised selection for,say, annual checking, eg heavy metals, typical set of physical / chemical parameters, micro-analysis. Many private labs pre-select this for you in the form of packaged offerings however if you hv an in-house lab already, it usually works out cheaper to be selective (the amount depending on the internal abilities).

Rgds / Charles.C

@ Darsen, Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Dear AS NUR,

I don't see any attachment ??

oops sorry.. the doc too much (more then 2 MB)... so i cant attach the doc..

Here the sample to verification quality of water

2.2 Guidelines for verification

Drinking-water safety is secured by application of a WSP, which includes monitoring

the efficiency of control measures using appropriately selected determinants. In addition

to this operational monitoring, a final verification of quality is required.

Verification is the use of methods, procedures or tests in addition to those used in

operational monitoring to determine if the performance of the drinking-water supply

is in compliance with the stated objectives outlined by the health-based targets and/or

whether the WSP needs modification and revalidation.

2.2.1 Microbial water quality

For microbial water quality, verification is likely to include microbiological testing. In

most cases, it will involve the analysis of faecal indicator microorganisms, but in some

circumstances it may also include assessment of specific pathogen densities. Verification

of the microbial quality of drinking-water may be undertaken by the supplier,

surveillance agencies or a combination of the two (see sections 4.3.1 and 7.4).

Approaches to verification include testing of source water, water immediately after

treatment, water in distribution systems or stored household water.Verification of the

microbial quality of drinking-water includes testing for

Escherichia coli as an indicator

of faecal pollution.

E. coli provides conclusive evidence of recent faecal pollution

and should not be present in drinking-water. In practice, testing for thermotolerant

coliform bacteria can be an acceptable alternative in many circumstances. While

E.

coli

is a useful indicator, it has limitations. Enteric viruses and protozoa are more

resistant to disinfection; consequently, the absence of

E. coli will not necessarily indicate

freedom from these organisms. Under certain circumstances, it may be desirable

to include more resistant microorganisms, such as bacteriophages and/or bacterial

spores. Such circumstances could include the use of source water known to be contaminated

with enteric viruses and parasites or high levels of viral and parasitic diseases

in the community.

Water quality can vary rapidly, and all systems are subject to occasional failure. For

example, rainfall can greatly increase the levels of microbial contamination in source

GUIDELINES FOR DRINKING-WATER QUALITY

waters, and waterborne outbreaks often occur following rainfall. Results of analytical

testing must be interpreted taking this into account.

2.2.2 Chemical water quality

Assessment of the adequacy of the chemical quality of drinking-water relies on comparison

of the results of water quality analysis with guideline values.

For additives (i.e., chemicals deriving primarily from materials and chemicals used

in the production and distribution of drinking-water), emphasis is placed on the

direct control of the quality of these products. In controlling drinking-water additives,

testing procedures typically assess the contribution of the additive to drinkingwater

and take account of variations over time in deriving a value that can be

compared with the guideline value (see section 8.5.4).

As indicated in chapter 1, most chemicals are of concern only with long-term exposure;

however, some hazardous chemicals that occur in drinking-water are of concern

because of effects arising from sequences of exposures over a short period.Where the

concentration of the chemical of interest varies widely, even a series of analytical

results may fail to fully identify and describe the public health risk (e.g., nitrate, which

is associated with methaemoglobinaemia in bottle-fed infants). In controlling such

hazards, attention must be given to both knowledge of causal factors such as fertilizer

use in agriculture and trends in detected concentrations, since these will indicate

whether a significant problem may arise in the future. Other hazards may arise intermittently,

often associated with seasonal activity or seasonal conditions. One example

is the occurrence of blooms of toxic cyanobacteria in surface water.

A

guideline value represents the concentration of a constituent that does not exceed

tolerable risk to the health of the consumer over a lifetime of consumption. Guidelines

for some chemical contaminants (e.g., lead, nitrate) are set to be protective for

susceptible subpopulations. These guidelines are also protective of the general population

over a lifetime.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

Dear AS NUR,

Ths for above. I know of 2 ways to get files below 2MB. Sometimes changing to a zip file works. Simon told me it is also possible to compress it but i forget how to do. Neither method will perform miracles of course however I reduced a 5MB file to 1.8MB several moths ago by zipping it. Surprised me also ! :thumbup:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

Dear AS NUR,

Ths for above. I know of 2 ways to get files below 2MB. Sometimes changing to a zip file works. Simon told me it is also possible to compress it but i forget how to do. Neither method will perform miracles of course however I reduced a 5MB file to 1.8MB several moths ago by zipping it. Surprised me also ! :thumbup:

Rgds / Charles.C

my zip file still too big (2.081MB)..And i can't attach it in here...

Edited by AS NUR, 04 December 2008 - 12:43 AM.

Helena de Guzman

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

Hello!

WHO standard for pH of water is 6.5-8.5

What steps have to be done to keep the level of pH midpoint and avoid higher limits?  There are occasions that water pH is at level 8.5.  The supply is from city source.

Thanks for any input that you may have.  :helpplease:

Helen

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users