• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hi everybody:
I have aquick question,might be strange.Any way,does any one has back scientific regarding an element in liquid milk composition can induce drowsing ?

what are your thoughts?

Best Regards
monzer

Edited by monzer, 10 January 2009 - 06:58 AM.

Hongyun

Finger Lickin' Good

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hi monzer,

I think you refer to the essential amino acid Tryptophan? It can be found in many other foods too. http://en.wikipedia....Dietary_sources

One urban legend is that, too much turkey makes you drowsy, which is not true, as it requires an empty stomach for best results and the amount of Tryptophan in Turkey is not alot. The drowsiness is most probably due to high carbohydrate consumption.

http://recipes.howst...question519.htm

"World Community Grid made it possible for us to analyze in one day the number of specimens that would take approximately 130 years to complete using a traditional computer."

- Dr. David J. Foran, professor and lead researcher at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

Join our LinkedIn Group! >> <<

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

Hi everybody:
I have aquick question,might be strange.Any way,does any one has back scientific regarding an element in liquid milk composition can induce drowsing ?

what are your thoughts?

Best Regards
monzer

I know this is an old post but I thought it best to correct the reply that you received. This milk was marketed as "Night Time Milk". The milk contains higher levels of melatonin because it comes from dairy herds that provide milk with higher than usual levels of the substance at the morning milking.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users