• 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:29 PM

Spent some days here http://www.blumenhot...t/index_it.html
Drank hectoliters of beer.
I recommend this microbrewery, special pils http://www.hopfen-co.com/.

Batteries have been charged. Ready to start again. ;)

Regards. Franco

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

mikelond

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Bass player - currently 2 bands on the go at once.<br />F1 motor racing - now the playing field is a little more level !!<br />Narrow boating

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:47 PM

Franco - I salute you! Have just had a look at the photos of the micro-brewery. Your official portrait photo belies your party animal alter-ego! Are you on any of the photographs? Looks like a great place - will search it out for myself.

I can thoroughly recommend the Heineken Brewery experience in Amsterdam, and the Famous Grouse Distillery tour in Creiff, Scotland.
Unfortunately, don't have any photos to support, but the interactive video show of the bottle of Heineken as it travels down the filling/packing line is worth the ticket cost in itself!

Mike B)

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:31 AM

Are you on any of the photographs?

Don't know. Maybe. I was often drunk at the time they took the photos ;) Thank you very much for interesting places you mentioned.
What about your holidays ?
Did you go on holidays ? ;)
Where've you been ? Tell us.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:31 PM

As I turned to hear the distant samba rhythm, I caught a glimpse of the sun as it melted wearily into the deep blue ocean after another long and sweltering day.

The freshening ocean breeze lapped through her hair as I poured the first ice cold Tequila Sunrise - the first of many on that unforgettable night... B)

It's not my holiday? I went to Blackpool in a caravan. Well I say Blackpool it was actually about 4 miles away in a nice little village called Staining.

Oliver and Jacob loved it and so did I once we got the paddling pool and water pistols out. :P

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

rheath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

Posted 28 August 2003 - 09:33 AM

but the interactive video show of the bottle of Heineken as it travels down the filling/packing line is worth the ticket cost in itself!

Mike,

You forgot to mention the most important selling point of the Heineken Experience - The FREE BEER!!

If your cheeky enough, you can 'forget' to hand over the beer tokens and just keep on going back for more..

Suffice it to say, my self and a few ffriends stumbled out of the 'museum'.

;)

Regards

Richard

mikelond

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Bass player - currently 2 bands on the go at once.<br />F1 motor racing - now the playing field is a little more level !!<br />Narrow boating

Posted 28 August 2003 - 12:58 PM

Hi Franco
I think the details of my recent holiday are posted elsewhere on the site, but in July six of us hired a narrowboat and went round the Warwickshire ring for the week.
Highly recommended, gentle cruising for 12 hours a day, plenty of local brews and waterside pubs, a few locks to wind (apart from the Hatton21 !)
All told, a very pleasant way to spend a week and get a decent suntan into the bargain.
Going up to Newcastle for a week in September, as wife is running in the Great North Run. Having great problems finding accommodation, as the other 35,000 entrants and their families appear to have beaten us to it!
Looks like it will be a borrow a caravan off the parents job (again).

Anyway, will keep you posted.
Incidentally, if anyone knows of a place near Newcastle that four people and three dogs can stay for a week, I'd be very grateful!

:(

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users