* - - - - 1 votes

kerguilloten

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

May I congratulate everyone on this helpfull forum for the packaging standard and particularly for the ideas received on my first post (critical step).
We had a recent audit where an interesting discussion took place about 4.7.1 Best Practice Guideline : the traceability should be tested on a predetermined frequency and results retained for inspection...
We imagined that it concerned our own traceability, but the auditor let us know that it includes suppliers, without any limit (Raw Materials, packaging components, even label and pallet !)
We suggested that the ISO 9001 certified suppliers would be out of the perimeter, but the auditor has not the same point of view : ISO means an appropriate systeme but not sure to be efficient = it has to be tested.
How this topic is considered in UK and in your business ?
I imagine me knocking at the portal of a 500 hectars plant "sorry I'm just here for a 2 months audit..." Not realistic, isn't it ?

I wonder the BPG is not misprinted and would concern 4.7.2 ?
Thanks for your help

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Hello kerguilloten, nice to see you again. I would only include the critical components that could affect product quality or safety such as raw materials and maybe pimary packaging (if used), I certainly wouldn't include labels and pallets, for which you should have contols to ensure they are fit for purpose. Why not 'kill two birds with one stone' and combine your annual product recall test with a traceability test that takes in relevant suppliers.

Did your auditor give pragmatic reasons for inlcuding everything?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users