a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

Dear Charles C,

Does the sequence means anything? Hmmm, judging by the 'biggest' and the 'most expected', Harry Potter might deserve to get the 1st position. But if we talkin about the 'best', IMO the sequence might be different. I guess the list is much more repersents the "representative" movies (again)... Id like to know more about some complex and 'heavy' movies on this year....

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

Dear Arya,

Does the sequence means anything?

Yes, the newspapers are generous to provide this data IMO but also crafty since you hv to slog thru 10 pages of adverts to get to No1. I noticed Angels and Demons well up there (unwatched so far). I watched the first 30-40 mins of the first HarryP movie then fell asleep. Visually superb but sooo slow after the wonderful opening.

The previous content of this thread mainly refers to story content.. How about yr 5-6 (not necessarily original) favorite film scores (or scenes within) – I just heard “For your eyes only”, magical stuff, you can almost see Bond in front of you. A few more offhand – Fistful of Dollars, Michelle Pfeiffer in the Fabulous Baker Boys, Titanic, Jack(?) Black (et al.) in High Fidelity, Saturday Night Fever (I know, my list is similar to prev. posted but I really do evaluate the movie as well, particularly if Sharon Stone is in it !)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

Dear Charles C.,

If we are talkin about Sharon Stone, then I guess we need to talk about Basic Instinct ;) A splendid and hot movie (especially the 2nd one). Even after, what.. 15 years perhaps? She is still gorgeus.. and... well, you know... But on top of that, the maturity of her act is very well. So its not all about a sexy woman.

Some 5-6 years ago, I think Im in love with The Others (2 thumbs for Nicole) and The Sixth Sense (4 thumbs for Bruce). Same theme, great movies. I am very much admire Bruce Willis. Die Hard (Yippy Ka Yay!), Hostage (emotional one) are my fave. But dont like too much with Tears Of The Sun, too idealistic and heroic. Talking about actor, that reminds me to my other fave, John Travolta and Nicholas Cage. Sometimes I only watch movies when I know and love the actors/actress, silly huh?

Regards,

Arya

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

MRios

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 157 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

So has anyone seen Angels and Demons yet?
How about "Up", that´s supposed to be in 3D? I´m definitely watching this one!
Old movie favorite: Mel Brooks´ "History of the World", from the 80's. VERY politically incorrect, which is precisely why I like it. :tongue: (For more political incorrectness try watching Carlos Mencía on MTV).
And the latest cheesy movie that I liked: Twilight. But then again, who can resist a vampire?

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

So has anyone seen Angels and Demons yet? How about "Up", that´s supposed to be in 3D? I´m definitely watching this one! Old movie favorite: Mel Brooks´ "History of the World", from the 80's. VERY politically incorrect, which is precisely why I like it. :tongue: (For more political incorrectness try watching Carlos Mencía on MTV). And the latest cheesy movie that I liked: Twilight. But then again, who can resist a vampire?

Dear MRios,

I've seen the A&D. Quite fascinating movie I suppose. Well, I admit I havent seen the book yet, but I think the mystery and intensity are much better than The Da Vinci Code. Or... my judgement is biased coz havent seen the book... Nevertheless, its a great movie for me, and a very worth to watch.

Twilight is a cheesy... What a great taste of yours. Yea, I think so (continued by being kicked by twilighters-especially the chicks), the only 'good' scene for me is the baseball game. The fighting among vampires are even cheesy than a melting cheese (continued by being stabbed by twilighters-this one goes for the boys). I mean, come on... we need more blood! we need more grizzly!

How so ever, yes indeed... Vampires are one of the most enchanting creature -if they are really exist- that ever filmed....

Regards,

Arya

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

MRios

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 157 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

So did you watch Dracula? I liked the one with Gary Oldman, though sincerely, they could´ve cast a better looking Count Dracula. And I absolutely loved the one with Leslie Nielsen. I really enjoy satires of serious movies.
By the way, I just decided that the werewolf guy in Twilight is wayyyyyy better looking than the vampire. Aren´t vampires supposed to be the best looking monster there is?

As for grizzly and gruesome: Hostel. I´ve only watched parts of it, because it´s so violent.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users