• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Hello All

I am currently working in a downstream palm oil corporation that is in process of obtaining ISO 22000. As I went through the PRP I got confused of two items:

1. Light bulbs are dated and current.
Does it mean that we need to record when the light bulbs are installed and also the voltage needed by the light bulbs? or ?
2. List of chemicals which are being used.
Does it mean all chemicals in the site such as in laboratory, boiler, maintenance, etc? or only those related to plant processes?

Thanks alot for sharing.

Best regards

Juyuan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

Can any ISO 22000 users please help Juyuan.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

Dear Juyuan,

I got confused of two items

I’m not surprised. :smile:

I’m not an ISO 22000 user but the second query is typical of food safety / management systems and the answer is “all”. Remember that the food system overlaps the whole facility. There hv been some very unfortunate incidents due to misuse / mislabelling of items like laboratory related / engineering chemicals.

The first one really requires more info from yourself to attempt to answer. I am only guessing really but a usual basic stock control list would typically require knowledge of when entering the facility, when / where installed, possibly the electrical details if a routine item but definitely if some special component. If you are referring to an in-use, operational checklist, "dated" perhaps means if within expected working life (eg electrocuter bulbs) and perhaps when last checked as satisfactorily working / having proper condition (eg no broken screen etc). This seems (very) overkill unless some specially sensitive bulb is involved. “Current” probably means up-to-date and not the “electrical” current but the latter is, I suppose, not impossible depending on the specific case.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I´m a ISO 22000 FSMS user.

Charles is correct, all chemicals must be controlled. Unless there is no possibility that a chemical can be introduced to production or storing areas because of the design of the facilities.

If electrocuter bulbs must be considered, there are at least two issues:

a) That they do the work they should do (kill bugs), so take care that they function properly.
b) They they are possible source of broken glass, so they must be protected from entering in contact with product or ingredients or process equipment when broken. Plastic covered bulbs must suffice.

When thinking about the possibility of foreing material in product, extend that to other objects like plastics and wood pallets.

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hello All

I am currently working in a downstream palm oil corporation that is in process of obtaining ISO 22000. As I went through the PRP I got confused of two items:

1. Light bulbs are dated and current.
Does it mean that we need to record when the light bulbs are installed and also the voltage needed by the light bulbs? or ?
2. List of chemicals which are being used.
Does it mean all chemicals in the site such as in laboratory, boiler, maintenance, etc? or only those related to plant processes?

Thanks alot for sharing.

Best regards

Juyuan

Hi,
Those are not ISO-22000 requirements.

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:52 AM

Juyuan:

Erasmo do have a point, if you look for the text you entered, you will not be able to find it in the standard, but, if you have to work with ISO 22000, then chemicals and foreing matter fits within the definition 3.3. So they must be considered in your risk analysis and determine wether they should be controlled with a OPRP or as CCP.

Juyuan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

Dear All

Thank you very much for the explanation. I really appreciate all the input.

:thumbup:

Regards

Juyuan

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users