• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

More Greetings,

I have revised the hazard analysis / HACCP plan and added few critical control points as follows:

CCP 1
is
Physical checking quantity and weights of Raw Material (excess / low - could change the product characteristics) - visual monitoring and cross check by weighing once again.

CCP 2 is Physical presence of foreign matter (thread, plastic peices, paper peices, wooden peices) - Proper seiving online monitoring.

CCP 3 is Physical presence of metals - Metal detector, online monitoring

For Validation purposes, I need the standards for the above 3 CCP, can anyone help me out to get the validation method for the same or where can I look for all these informations?

:unsure:

Many thanks in advance
Abdul Qudoos.

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn
Follow me on twitter Healthy_Food_
Visit my website Healthy Food Management

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

Dear abdul qudoos,

welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Not sure what yr product/process is but No.1 would not normally be a CCP if food safety is the objective.

No.2 may or may not be a CCP depending on the product / process flow (?)

No.3 - I suggest you search a little here for "metal detector" for which there are many threads on this query.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Charles for warm welcoming,

My products for No.1 is jelly crystals with 6 different flavors, cream caramel mix with 3 flavors, milkshake mix with 4 flavors, sometimes during the formulating batch they add extra flavor or color due to that the product will change in taste, appearance & color, that is my serious concern, so i have kept CCP our QC person will inspect before the making of batch, what is your opinion about this, shall i keep CCP 1 or Remove it?

No.2 while repacking / formulating batch of dairy preparation / dry mixes, personally observed many times a thread from the bag, paper peieces from bag or plastic peices from bag or hair or insect parts (falls from the flies traps) or powder clusters (forms during transportation / storage at high temperature & humidity) or black particles (burnt powder during processing -spray dried), what do you think about this, may or may not be a CCP ? - proper seiving & online monitoring

please reply with your valuable suggestions,

many thanks in advance & the best regards,
Abdul Qudoos.

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

Dear abdul,

Thks yr info.

My products for No.1 is jelly crystals with 6 different flavors, cream caramel mix with 3 flavors, milkshake mix with 4 flavors, sometimes during the formulating batch they add extra flavor or color due to that the product will change in taste, appearance & color

Looks like quality defect, not safety and therefore not CCP in usual HACCP approach.

a thread from the bag, paper peieces from bag or plastic peices from bag or hair or insect parts (falls from the flies traps)

looks like sanitation - GMP defect, not CCP

powder clusters (forms during transportation / storage at high temperature & humidity) or black particles (burnt powder during processing -spray dried)

looks like quality defect (not CCP) unless size / texure or some characteristic represents a (physical / chemical) safety problem in which case a sieving control (for example) might be a CCP.

Rgds / Charles.C

added - it is also possible (but should be unlikely) that some specific local regulation as applied to yr product / process might demand yr setting above as CCPs (= regulatory CCP), no idea there I'm afraid.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

My products for No.1 is jelly crystals with 6 different flavors, cream caramel mix with 3 flavors, milkshake mix with 4 flavors, sometimes during the formulating batch they add extra flavor or color due to that the product will change in taste, appearance & color, that is my serious concern, so i have kept CCP our QC person will inspect before the making of batch, what is your opinion about this, shall i keep CCP 1 or Remove it?

No.2 while repacking / formulating batch of dairy preparation / dry mixes, personally observed many times a thread from the bag, paper peieces from bag or plastic peices from bag or hair or insect parts (falls from the flies traps) or powder clusters (forms during transportation / storage at high temperature & humidity) or black particles (burnt powder during processing -spray dried), what do you think about this, may or may not be a CCP ? - proper seiving & online monitoring

please reply with your valuable suggestions,

many thanks in advance & the best regards,
Abdul Qudoos.

dear Abdul Qudoos..

for no.2 . agree with charles post..

And for no.1.. you have to consider on chemical content in your material.. for example if you use Phosphate salt (e.c Disodium phophate) you have to consider about P2O5..

and for your case, flavour some times content material that can effect to health in exceess amount.. you can ask to supplier what is the solvent of your flavour, and you have to compare with the regulation that you use..

And if you find that excess of flavor do not effect to health so the process is not CCP for Safety but its "CCP' for your quality...

thats my opinion.. hope can help you....

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Many many thanks for the quick replies,
Warm wishes & the best regards to Charles & NUR.
Please keep on helping the neediest.
Abdul Qudoos

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users