• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

These questions were asked of me in a recent customer Audit;

1) Determine if cleaning chemicals are free from allergens?
I will send my supplier a questionnaire, does anyone have one. How far would they go with this RA.

2) Although some chemicals are food safe, clarity required on whether they are edible?

Thanks in advance for replies guys!!

:helpplease:

Mike

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

1) Determine if cleaning chemicals are free from allergens?
I will send my supplier a questionnaire, does anyone have one. How far would they go with this RA.

2) Although some chemicals are food safe, clarity required on whether they are edible?

1) Did they explain what allergens they want you to look for? I do not know of any cleaning chemicals that would be a food allergen risk? I would be more concerned with food grade lubricants which can have food based elements like soy.

2) Food safe does not imply "edible" as in "drink it from the bottle". Most are considered food safe to the extent of there use (correct concentraction levels being the key). Illness or injury could still happen if not handled correctly as with any chemical.

Did your customer offer any background to the questions? They must be looking for something and just might not have the right wording to make sense.

Not sure if this helps, but it is the best I can offer,

TS

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Well, there are various examples of detergents possessing allergenic components, eg –

http://www.hsa.ie/en...als/Detergents/

But I would hv thought these excluded for food processing environments. Legally ?? :dunno:

Probably food safe = food grade with the comments as per tsmith. Some lubricant greases are actually claimed to be genuinely edible, as their sales rep was always happy to demonstrate. Urghh! Quick way to lose one’s own appetite. :rolleyes:

More info required.

Regards / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users