• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

Anyone working in Dairy Hazard Area?. Could you please share with me regarding the Pasteurizer calibration interval that you adopt for your company?

Regards,
anish

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

Dear Anish, :welcome: to the club.

I dont have any experience about dairy industries, but some members here are well-known experts on this area.

In ISO 22k, it said that "The measuring equipments and methods used shall be calibrated or verified at specified intervals, or prior to use, against measurement standards..."

So, the key is the specified and determined intervals. The FDA mentioned on one of their guidance-its talkin bout seafood but I guess technically its the same:

optimal calibration frequency is dependent upon the type, condition, and past performance of the monitoring instrument

So I guess you need to consider all of them, before determine your calibration interval. The rest of it can be seen down here:
http://seafoodhaccp....le_pdf/Ch17.pdf

On the other hand, The Canadian Food Inspection Agency set this thing more clearly:

The thermometer shall be accurate to within +/- 0.25°C (0.5°F) throughout the specified scale range and shall be calibrated upon installation and at least every 6 months thereafter using a thermometer of known accuracy.

I took it from their Dairy Establishment Inspection Manual, and here is the link (in 1.12.03.03 section):
http://www.inspectio...man/ch12e.shtml

Hope they might help you out.

Regards,

Arya

Edited by a_andhika, 02 November 2009 - 11:21 AM.

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

We do crack testing annually and calibration 6 monthly.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

IMEX.. we do calibration 6 monthly.. and we do calibration for temperature gauge, temperature sensor.. and time of calibration...actually if you have some data calibration you can set the interval based on your historical data..

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

Dear AS NUR,

actually if you have some data calibration you can set the interval based on your historical data..

Is it possible to describe how you do this ? I presume the method is empirical. :smile:

@ Arya, thks for the links, useful stuff.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users