• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Dear All;

I was asking about our laundry staff training, I am still waiting the answer and I want to add another question.Does anyone have also training for catering cleaners? Training involves the precautions of the chemicals used , the best prosedures for cleaning equipments,Refrigerators,and worksurfaces

Regards

Monzer

Edited by hygienic, 02 November 2009 - 05:25 PM.

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

Dear Monzer:

I think the most appropriate training materials should be developed by yourself as you know better than us regarding the type of chemical you use, the dilution you use (you can get the advice from the supplier) etc. Once you have all these, you can post them for others to comment. I am sure you will learn something useful then.

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:24 AM

Dear Monzer,

I think you should do as Young suggested and then post it here so that all of us can add comments to it. This will help you to have a better presentation. You can ask your chemical supplier to provide training for your staff and also they can provide you all the necessary info.

What do you think??

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Dear Jean:

Thank you for your advice and really I respect your suggestion. I instructed them, how they make dilutions and how they use the chemicals and the direction of each type. Actually what I am looking for is quite different, I mean I need presentation mainly in general cleaning showes them the best methods of cleaning floors or walls regardless the type of chemicals which are used in our catering.
But some time they did mistaks like they spray disinfection to disinfect the tables without looking if food covered or not.
That all and I hope some to help me in this matter.
thanks again both of you.

Monzer

Edited by hygienic, 03 November 2009 - 02:31 PM.

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

Dear Monzer,

But some time they did mistaks like they spray disinfection to disinfect the tables without looking if food covered or not.

I have some DVD's which I use for conducting BFH training, cleaning and disinfection is covered a bit with respect to what you just mentioned. Mostly, we do practical training for our stewards and we require our chemical supplier to provide training once a month, which is again practical. IMEX, practical training works better, especially if language barrier is a problem. The stewards are closely supervised after training and coached till they are aware of they SSOP's.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

While surfing today, found some resources of information that may help in preparing training material for hygienic cleaning and sanitation activities.

HACCP-Based Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - Cleaning and Sanitizing Food Contact Surfaces
http://sop.nfsmi.org...actSurfaces.doc

(Ref. http://sop.nfsmi.org...CPBasedSOPs.php )

Hygienic cleaning of food rooms and catering equipment (deep cleaning)
http://www.defence-e...ons/spec_38.pdf

Hope it helps!
:smarty:
Regards:
Zeeshan

Edited by Zeeshan, 11 November 2009 - 06:49 AM.

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:19 AM

find attached a training persentation which can be used for training of supervisors in stewarding section.
in this presentation you can add up the cleaning steps for manual and mechanical dish washing and discuss their standards.

the best way of training stewards is to create a pictorial demonstration for them. ideally you can do it by taking pictures of bad hygiene practices VS good hygiene practices. i did it myself and proved evry helpful.

regards

riz

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

i hope the below attachment will also be helpful for training of stewards.

best regards.

riz

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Riz!

Best regards,

J

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users