Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

OK...... currently we have a system that monitors average weights.... the system is a gemini system most of you would of probably heard of this system.

My query is previously the gemini system is currently monitoring average weight and we used to check this by physically checking 40 packs every hour to verify the system. Because we have had staff cut backs we need to revisit what we do.

So my question is - is this system ok to ensure legals are followed or do we need to carry out periodic checks to verify this, if so how would you suggest we do this.

Thanks

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Dear Aps,

I am sorry but I have no experience with this Gemini system, you mentioned.
If, however this system monitors the average weight and gives you back information regarding average weight, deviations, exceeding T1 or T2, I do not understand why you should verifiy this every hour with checking 40 packagings.

Is this Gemini system you mentioning approved by your authorities?
I do not know the rules in UK, but here companies have to let the authorities approve their average systems (including procedures for exceeding T1/T20). is there something similair required in UK?

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:59 AM

Dear aps,

Theres are 2-3 extended threads on this topic here, specifically for the UK situation, if you search around a bit. Might answer yr question.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users