• Quick Navigation
Photo

Anyone experiencing problems using the forum?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:41 AM

I am having major problems moving from page to page on the forum. I get logged out whenever I move to a different page and have to log in again. Can you please help, it is driving me crazy.

Member Cobus is having some issues using the forums. It is ok for me - anyone else affected? Please let me know.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Hongyun

Finger Lickin' Good

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

I guess no news is good news? No problems for me for the past few days. Could be a browser or security setting issue?

"World Community Grid made it possible for us to analyze in one day the number of specimens that would take approximately 130 years to complete using a traditional computer."

- Dr. David J. Foran, professor and lead researcher at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

Join our LinkedIn Group! >> <<

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I guess no news is good news? No problems for me for the past few days. Could be a browser or security setting issue?

I guess so Hongyun...thank you for the feedback.

If anyone is experiencing a problem do let me know.

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

I guess so Hongyun...thank you for the feedback.

If anyone is experiencing a problem do let me know.

Regards,
Simon

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

Hi Simon,

I had similar problem as Cobus, sometime back, but as of today, none.

Thanks.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

Hi Simon,

I had similar problem as Cobus, sometime back, but as of today, none.

Thanks.

Thanks Jean. Do you remember if anything changed at your end to improve the situation. For example logging on form a different pc, changes or upgrades to your computer, different virus software etc.

Regards,
Simon

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

I haven´t experienced that, but talking about problems, I remember in different occasions, I find at the new post page that there is a reply to a topic, and when visiting the topic, there is no such post.

This is a little bit weird, since I think you migh have reports of missing posts for a topic from the member that posted it.

Regards,

FSSM

Well, reviewing some topics, I found the system has not sent me an e-mail to advise there is a reply to a topic I subscribed.

Edited by FSSM, 15 February 2010 - 07:01 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

Simon,

My browser, FFox, often severely slows down movement from page to page when opening new threads (and it tells me it is doing it also but without giving the reason, I often hv to manually override). Not experienced in usual net surfing. I hv a suspicion was not seen when i used Opera also. FFox offers more protection add-ons which i hv used after bad experiences elsewhere such as iframe attacks.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

I haven´t experienced that, but talking about problems, I remember in different occasions, I find at the new post page that there is a reply to a topic, and when visiting the topic, there is no such post.

This is a little bit weird, since I think you migh have reports of missing posts for a topic from the member that posted it.

Well I didn´t make additional post to the topic shown in the attachment today.

Attached File  Errors.doc   167KB   4 downloads

Regards,

FSSM

Edited by FSSM, 19 February 2010 - 04:41 PM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

I can explain that one FSSM. That topic has a poll attached, you were the last poster of a message. When a member votes in the poll it BUMP's the topic up the active topic list, but does not put their name as the last poster. I hope that makes sense.

I notice a couple of other things on the attachment. Firstly the banner ads are missing, do you block them purposely. Also there is an error message at the bottom right; do you always get it on our site and what does it say?

Thanks for your feedback. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

I can explain that one FSSM. That topic has a poll attached, you were the last poster of a message. When a member votes in the poll it BUMP's the topic up the active topic list, but does not put their name as the last poster. I hope that makes sense.

I notice a couple of other things on the attachment. Firstly the banner ads are missing, do you block them purposely. Also there is an error message at the bottom right; do you always get it on our site and what does it say?

Thanks for your feedback. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Ok,

No, I did not block them, its not usual, and I´m noticing the same is happening right now. I will put attention to that behavior. It says "Ready but with errors in the page".

Regards,

FSSM

Jon5

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Professional:
    Food safety, food defense, auditing, HACCP.

Personal:
    Hiking, gardening, home improvement, and spending time with loved ones.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'm having trouble finding the area that shows my recent posts, and whether there were any responses to them. Where do I look?

Jon

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

I'm having trouble finding the area that shows my recent posts, and whether there were any responses to them. Where do I look?

Jon

I think that tool is not available, maybe Simon can clarify, but you can click on your user name (get to your profile) and below the avatar, photo or whatever, click on "find posts".

Regards,

FSSM

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

I didnt' see how to post pictures to the gallery. Please let me know how?

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Jon

Hi Jon,

Things have changed in this version of the forum software and maybe not quite as user friendly, well definitely different. What FSSM says below is correct. Subscriptions also help; you can manage your topic subscriptions > User Settings > Forums > Watched Topics. When you create a topic or want to subscribe to a topic you like click:
Attached File  watch.gif   1.63KB   1 downloads

In the new version of software (yes another one) there is a nice new feature that you can click "My content" and it will show you all your topics, posts, blog entries etc. We will have to wait a few weeks for that.

Thanks FSSM. :smile:

I think that tool is not available, maybe Simon can clarify, but you can click on your user name (get to your profile) and below the avatar, photo or whatever, click on "find posts".

Regards,

FSSM

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

I didnt' see how to post pictures to the gallery. Please let me know how?

Hi Cathy, I will do a blog 'How to' guide on using the gallery - give me a little time.

Regards,
Simon

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi Simon,

Compliments for the new site lay out.

Ofcourse I had to get used to it and like all people in first I was saying that I liked the previous version better. But, that is just because I, like all other people, do not like changes.

Actually, I am only missing one application, which was available in the former version.
In the former version it was possible to see the post of: today, last week, last months etc. This selection was on the bottom of the forum page.
I can not find that selection on the new site. I am also not able to use the search only on dates. The search machine keeps asking for a 4 character key word.

I like to tell you that I am using the forum site as my home page. However sometimes I do not have time or am not in the mood for reading the forums, and just click to other sites. The IFSQN-site is remembering this action as a visit and that is why I sometimes do not get the posts, which were posted from my real last visit.

Is ther e a way to find all posts from the last week, month or to specify timeframe?

Thanks on forehand.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

Compliments for the new site lay out.

Of course I had to get used to it and like all people in first I was saying that I liked the previous version better. But, that is just because I, like all other people, do not like changes.

It is a big change and takes some getting used to. I think it is a change for the better overall and now it is a case of finding out how everything works and optimising and utilising the new features. It will take some time.

Regarding the last post information I agree this is a really important tool but is quite well hidden in the new design (I’m working on making it more visible). For now you can find it here:

Attached File  todays active topics.gif   47.5KB   7 downloads

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hi Simon,

Thanx for the quick respons!

I had already found the button you mentioned, but that is only for the last 24 hours. I like to see the posts for the last week or the last two weeks.
Is that possible too?

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Dear madame A.D-tor,

If you click the right-hand pc ("v") should get a dropdown menu, eg 2 weeks etc

Same as old style

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hi Simon,

I had already found the button you mentioned, but that is only for the last 24 hours. I like to see the posts for the last week or the last two weeks.
Is that possible too?

Hello Madam A. D-tor,

You can search by date easily - see this attachment.

Attached File  search date range.jpg   39.51KB   6 downloads

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

It is a big change and takes some getting used to. I think it is a change for the better overall and now it is a case of finding out how everything works and optimising and utilising the new features. It will take some time.

Regarding the last post information I agree this is a really important tool but is quite well hidden in the new design (I’m working on making it more visible). For now you can find it here:

Attached File  todays active topics.gif   47.5KB   7 downloads

WOW, I can see my birthday message in attachment,

Hi Simon,

Is that possible too?

I am trying find the button on my page it's not visible!

Simon, you might be very busy these days, i can see...

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn
Follow me on twitter Healthy_Food_
Visit my website Healthy Food Management

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users