Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:08 AM

I have heard from some people that Margarine and Home-Boiled Milk are not good from health point of view. They recommend to use natural butter and commercially pasteurized Tetra-Packed milk.

Are these saying facts or myths???

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

Pl. see the links below, interesting.

http://www.diabetesh...e-with-diabetes

http://www.chelation...rticles/p96.htm

I prefer home boiled milk and both butter & margarine are not in my diet.

Edited by Jean, 15 February 2010 - 07:42 AM.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:12 AM

I have heard from some people that Margarine and Home-Boiled Milk are not good from health point of view. They recommend to use natural butter and commercially pasteurized Tetra-Packed milk.

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Margarine is prepared from blend of saturated fat, hydrogenated (trans fat), milk solids, water and other additives.

Natural butter is prepared from anhydrous milk fat and water with some minor additives.

Margarine: contains mostly trans fat which is worse than saturated fat and cholesterol.

Butter: contains lot of cholesterol and saturated fat but no trans fat.

I too recommend for younger ones and hard workers to use natural butter and milk,

People with heart diseases, diabetes and old age are not recommended to take margarine and butter and full fat milk, in market skim milk and low fat margarine / spread is available they can consume the same.

Trans fat, saturated fat and cholesterol are not good from health point of view!

You may find more articles on internet...

Edited by Abdul Qudoos, 16 February 2010 - 06:16 AM.

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn
Follow me on twitter Healthy_Food_
Visit my website Healthy Food Management

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:20 AM

Dear Jean and Abdul Qudoos,

Thank you for providing useful information.

Regards:

Zeeshan.

pablo coronel

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Ecuador
    Ecuador

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

No offense, but 80% of the things in the internet are either false or suffer from bad-science syndrome.
The links posted are one such cases.

I can not se why boiled milk can be bad for you; boiling is away to eliminate microorganisms (Listeria anyone) that can make you sick. This method was used for ages in many places before refrigeration and pasteurized milk.
Even though boiling may add some color and a bit off flavor to the milk if there is burnout at the bottom it should be at least harmless.

Margarine was a replacement for butter; butter was out of reach for most people.
Now how safe it is? I would think it is a lot safer than the link said.
Most margarines have 0 trans fats; use natural coloring (annato/bixin) and are made from water; milk powder and vegetable oils.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,911 posts
  • 732 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

Agreed, most margarines contain very little transfats nowadays, however, that said, I would still prefer to eat butter and do so. I have no idea why people voluntarily eat something which tastes unpleasant like margarine does. I mean really, does anyone actually like the flavour??? I would say both butter and margarine are fats and all fats (including oils) should be eaten in moderation as otherwise it will raise your weight.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,250 posts
  • 1301 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Is there any difference between home boiled milk and pasteurised milk?

Regards,

Tony

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

Is there any difference between home boiled milk and pasteurised milk?

Regards,

Tony

I really don't know the technical difference between boiling and pasteurization :dunno:.

And this ignorance is one of the points over which all commercial themes are based:whistle:.

Regards:
Zeeshan

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users